Day 8 Continued

Day 8 Continued (Not edited)

_________________

According to Webster's Dictionary, a date is when two people accompany each other socially. So, technically speaking this was a date but not a date-date.

You picking up what I'm putting down?

And yes, just as I stepped foot in my house, I googled it. Currently, Lee was downstairs 'talking' to Cyan -who was shocked, to say the least, that I had brought a guy home. Deep inside, I was surprised as well. I was never one to move fast in relationships or friendships but there was something about Julian that made me like him -something genuine. I have an inkling that he will be an important part of my life. Either in a friends or lovers way? I have no idea.

Quickly running to my closet, I throw on light-wash boyfriend jeans and a pink tank that said 'Lucky' on it. Slipping on my white converse, I throw my hair in a bun and run downstairs. Thankfully, I had inherited my mom's flawless complexion so I didn't have to bother with makeup. However, I did get the occasional zit here and there but nothing too ugly. I enter the living room breathless, "Let's go," I tell Lee.

He rolls his eyes at Cyan who mocks hurt, "Thanks for noticing me."

I glance at him, "Cy, you're not worth noticing."

"Ouch!" Julian yells as Cy fake cries. A smiles creeps its way onto my face and I ask them to be quiet.

"NEVER!" They shout and do that manly-fist-bump-thing.

I roll my eyes and grab Lee's shirt, dragging him out the house, "Bye Cyan!" He calls.

Faintly, I hear Cyan telling me not to crash his car. I roll my eyes at that. To be honest, I was ten times better at driving than my brother. Julian had offered for me to take his car but I insisted that we take mine. I mean, if I did crash the car, I would rather it be my brother's and not his.

I unhook my hands from Lee as we near my brother's truck, "You seem to be getting along," I state casually, unlocking the car. He shrugs his shoulders and opens the door, "Yeah, he's pretty cool."

I gape for a second. Cyan is anything but cool. In our family, River was known has the laid back chill while Cyan was always more protective and quiet. Just thinking of my oldest brother being cool made me snort with laughter.

Julian quirks an eyebrow, "What's so funny?"

"Nothing," I reply, "So, what'd you guys talk about?"

I start the car and wait for an answer. A deep chuckle emanates from Lee's mouth, "Guy stuff," He says vaguely.

"Guy stuff," I repeat flatly. He smirks and leans towards me, "You know like girls, boobs, sex, the size of our-"

I slap a hand over his mouth before he can finish, "AH! No! Shut up!" I shriek. The shameless teenage boy next to me guffaws in laughter. I huff and remove my hand from his mouth, "You're an ass."

For a reply I just another round of obnoxious laughter. Muttering a string of curse words, I wonder out loud why I brought him along. Lee finally quietens down and tells me he wonders why he came. I go to hit him but the shrill sound of my ring tone interrupts me, "Hello?" I answer.

"Are you guys going to go or just sit there flirting?" I choke and look up at the house. At the window, I see Cyan smirk and send a wave my way.

"Ree you okay?" I faintly hear Lee ask. Blushing, I hang up on Cyan without a word and nod at Julian.

"Ye-Yeah." I reverse out of the driveway. "I'll just show you the town, which won't take long since it's so small, and then we'll go to eat. Sound good?"