Close but not close enough

CHAPTER 9

Arianas POV

Adeline kissed my neck. Adeline kissed my neck. Adeline kissed my neck.. Stop it Ari! Focus. You're getting distracted.

I was in the middle of a show and all I could think of was her. Her soft lips against my skin, her small hands grabbing my hips as her eye lashes tickled my jaw line. The faint sound of break free was playing in the background and I suddenly felt dizzy.
The crowd was staring at me, concern on everyones features. "Stop the music." I sounded shaky and out of breath. "I-I'm sorry guys. I'm getting really distracted."

The crowd started to whisper amongst themselves and then I heard a few faint voices in the front that started to sing focus. Then more joined and soon the entire stadium was singing and a large smile formed on my face. Tears appeared at my eyes, this was so touching.

I put the mic to my lips and the music started and I took a deep breath as the crowd and I finished the show together.

I was still crying happy tears and squealing over the fact how awesome my babes were as I got off the stage. I instantly found Frankie and tugged on his arm. "Did you hear that??" I couldn't contain my excitement. Frankie smiled and nodded. "That was amazing!" We started to fangirl together and I twirled around. "Ari that was so cool."

I was now face to face with Adeline. "I caught it on video." She gave me a soft smile and my heart melted. I pulled her into a hug, not caring about earlier.

We stood there for a while, our arms wrapped around each other and a comfortable silence between us. Until Adeline spoke up. "Why were you so distracted?" I felt my heart beat quicken as I pulled away to look at her and our faced were very close together.

"I had a certain someone on my mind." My eyes darted down to look at her plump cherry coloured lips and I leaned in slowly. Finally I'd get to kiss h- "Cait and I got back together." My thoughts were interrupted as my heart shattered a bit. "What?" I took a step back from Adeline udder disbelief dripping from my voice. "Yeah.. She still loves me."

I couldn't say anything. I felt sick to my stomach. This wasn't the news I wanted to hear. I was so close to kissing her. An awkward silence fell over us and I looked down. "That's great." You could hear the sarcasm in my voice.

"I-I should go.." Adeline's shoes suddenly appeared in my vision and then so did the cat ears that had adorned her head. "You can keep them." I told her and took another step back. I looked up and gave her the fakest smile I could muster. "I'll get my chauffer to drive you home."

I turned around swiftly and walked out of the room, my heart breaking every step I took getting further and further from her.

When I know she couldn't hear me, I let out a scream of frustration. How could I be so stupid? Why did I think she wanted me too? Why did she take Cait back? Am I not good enough for her? What does Cait have that I don't have?

I angrily kicked off my heels and sluped face first into my couch and cried. I sobbed until I had nothing left and my makeup was ruined.

I wanted her to walk in right now, to see how heartbroken I was that I'm the one for her, not Cait. That she and I should be together not her and Cait. She's mine. Not Caits.

I shook my head and sat at my vanity as I took off my makeup. My ponytail needed to be redone so I pulled out the elastic and retied it around my hair. I made sure I had no bubbles or bumps and stood up. I got out of my one piece black ensemble and put on my star wars pyjamas. I slipped on my fuzzy slippers and left my dressing room.

Then I stopped walking for a second. Adeline was mine. I'm going to make her mine whether Cait likes it or not. I was always told if I wanted something I had to work hard for it. I am going to work hard for Adeline because she's worth it and I know she'll be worth it in the end too.

I nodded sternly and walked up to Frankie. I tapped his shoulder and he twirled around.

"Frankie I have a plan and I'm going to need your help."

//AN// hi again. this was so fun to write and I might do a double update bc I have a spare in the morning and no life hahaha jk. I just really like writing this story I'm just having trouble finding time to update for you guys but thank you for being so patient. much love xoxo