Undercover

CHAPTER 17

Ariana's POV

So many people have shared my video. The comments are blowing up with positive feedback and so much love my heart could burst. I decided to turn my phone back on since things are going well so far.

I had several missed calls from my mother and Frankie. I had a couple texts from Bri and Scotty and my closest friends like Doug, Matt, Jones, Liz and my best friend Alexa. But nothing from Adeline. For sure she would have seen it already. Unless Cait and her are making out again.

No. Of course not. Adeline wouldn't do that to me. Right? I shook my head and closed my laptop. "I should call her." I told myself out loud and realized that I've been talking to myself this whole time.

I pressed her contact name and the little phone icon. I put my cell up to my ear but it went straight to voice mail. "Hi this is Adeline's voicemail sorry I didn't answer I was probably eating food or obsessing over Ariana. Anyways leave me a message and I'll get back to you." The beep sounded and my heart sunk.

"Hi princess or uh Adeline. I'm just wondering if you've seen my video and if you haven't check my youtube channel. Please text me when you get this." I nibbled on my lip and ended the call. Why didn't she answer? Is she with Cait? There's only one way to find out.

I got off my bed and threw on a giant hoodie, some baggy sweats, put on some sneakers, hid my hair in the hood and put on a cheap pair of sunglasses. I just came out and I'm going outside to try to find someone I despise. I need to be disguised. I laughed to myself. This felt like a mission and I have to go undercover.

I have Cait on Twitter and Instagram so if I check her recent tweets or post maybe it'll give me an idea where she is or where she could be. But of course I was using a fake fan account so she knows it's not actually me. I check her twitter first and there's a new tweet.

@caitxoxo: ugh break ups suck. time to eat a ton of pizza @Domino's

Well that was easy. I head downstairs and walk outside. No one's waiting for me to take my picture or shoving a microphone in my face to answer a question about my personal life. That's new. Maybe it hasn't reached the press yet.

I shrug my shoulders and make my way to the closest pizza place. Domino's is only 5 minutes from my  house. I keep my head down as several people walk past me but no one notices me. The disguise is working. I walk into Domino's and sure enough there she is sitting alone sobbing into a large pepperoni.

I almost feel bad for her. I make my way to her table and sit across from her. She looks up and her face is covered in pizza sauce. She's already had 5 slices. "Who are you?" She mutters out as she wipes her mouth using the back of her hand.

I clear my throat. "I'm not telling you my name but I need to know where Adeline is." Cait squint at me and peers closer. I lean back and pray she doesn't notice who I am. If she blows my cover I'm screwed. "Why do you need to know? Are you a big fan of hers?" I need to think of a lie and fast.
"I'm her cousin. I'm new to town and I know that you two are dating so I thought I could ask you where she is." Cait broke down crying and I gasped out of fake concern. "What's wrong? Was it something I said?" Cait wiped her eyes and looked up at me. "We broke up."

I formed and 'o' with my mouth and checked my phone. No texts from her yet. "Do you think you know where she is?" Cait sighed and looked down at my shoes. "Why are you dressed like that? Aren't you warm?" She motioned to my big sweatshirt and I started to laugh nervously. "It's just how I like to dress." She nodded slowly.

"To answer your question yeah I think I know where she is." I sat up straighter. "Really? Where?" She shook her head and waved her hand. "Xians house." I frowned. "Who's that?" She looked at me oddly and I gulped. "Geez for being her cousin you don't know lots huh."
"All she ever talked about was you." I stamered out quickly. Cait blushed and pulled a napkin closer to her. She took a pen out of her bag and wrote something down. "Here's his address. Hope you don't get lost." I smiled at her kindly and stood up.

"Thanks."
"Wait if you're new to town how did you find me?"
"I follow you on Twitter."
I quickly left Domino's before she could say anything more and wrote Xians address into Google maps.

It was only 10 minutes away how convenient. I wonder if this persons a boy or a girl. Sort of hoping it's a boy. I didn't want to deal with anymore exs. I've had enough drama for one day.

I followed the directions to Xians house but I wasn't really paying attention as to where I'm walking.

Suddenly I walk into someone and stumble back and my hood falls off. "Oh my god I'm so sorry." The person gushes and looks at my hair. She gasps. "You're- you're- You're Ariana Grande!"

Shit. I quickly put my hood up and lots of young girls start making their way across the street. "Uh.. uh." I take a few steps back. Her friends house is only two minutes away. Can I make it?

The crowd gets a bit bigger so I take a deep breath and sprint towards Xians house. Screaming girls start running after me and all I can hope is that I can find his house soon.

I see his house come up to my left and I cross the street. I knock loudly on the door and pray they answer cause I'm about to get swarmed.

I hear the door unlock and it opens. "Ari?"

//AN// hello hi this chapter is so bad I'm sorry I had a different idea for this but it's not gonna work out. I'm sort of thinking of updating again soon or tonight even hehe. enjoy loves!