Chapter 2

A Thug's Temptation: Chapter 2

Milan

Once I got home, I locked the door and slipped off my shoes before heading in my bedroom to a wide awake Jonathan.

"Where you been?" He asked as I took my jewelry. I reminded myself to put on a hoodie so the evidence of my night was hidden.

"I told you I went to my sister boyfriends birthday party." I said before I pushed down my tight leggings next.

"You wasn't naughty, was you?" He asked as he walked to me and nestled his head in my neck and sniffed, "You been with another nigga?"

I pushed the rest of my leggings off before throwing them in the bin, "No." I didn't give a fuck about his opinion truly, but I didn't have time for the back and forth tonight.

"Stop lying! I can smell him on you." He said as pushed me against the wall. I could come home from the grocery store and he still would swear he smelled another nigga. But this time, he was finally right.

"Move, Jon." I said as I turned my head away from him. I didn't have time for more bullshit tonight.

"Nah, cause you pissing me off."

And you're about to poss me off, I thought.

"Stop," I said monotone and pushed on his chest, "You wanna go to jail again? Don't make me call the police."

He laughed before he moved back, "What the police gone do? You mine and ain't nobody gone interfere with that."

But your ass moved back though.

"You know I'm only letting you stay here till the end of the month so you can get back on your feet. We not together, now go back in the guest room and stop bothering me."

"Shut up," He said before he lied back on my bed, "You need to stop fucking with me. I don't want you with no other nigga."

"You don't have the right to interfere with my life. If I wanna be with some other nigga, Ima be with some other nigga."

Jonathan had just got out of jail a week ago and being that he had no family or friends he could trust, he came to my door. I felt sorry for him and agreed to let him stay until he got back on his feet. This meant he would have to help pay some bills while he was here, which meant he needed get a job. His lazy ass hadn't touched a job application since he got out.

Jon and I were in a relationship until I found out he was involved in a hit and run as the driver. After learning that the cops were looking for his ass, he finally turned his self in and sent me letters every now and then. I responded back when I had the time just to help him keep his head up. I knew it wasn't shit to do but think while in there. Truly, he was a good person that just didn't have a good life but let's  just say him going to jail wasn't the only reason I left him.

"Stop playing with me, girl." He said as he started getting comfy in my damn bed. He still had on the same damn socks from the day he'd been released and I was sick and tired of smelling corn chips all night.

"You need to get off my bed and I need some rent money if you gone be staying here. We agreed to split it and you still haven't got off your ass," I said as I pulled on some shorts.

"I been looking but you know nobody gone hire me."

It was true, his record was dirty. Nobody would even think about hiring him but I still had hope he could find something. Shit, how would you know if you never tried. The thing about Jonathan is he expected shit to come easy. If he couldn't get a high paying job than he'd rather have no job at all. To me, I'd flip burgers for minimum wage if that's what kept a roof over my head. How could someone be so happy and carefree with not a dollar to their name? I'd never understand it.