Chapter 4

A Thug's Temptation

Chapter 4

"Who's this?" I said as I looked at a picture of a female and a man hugging each other on Milan's mirror.

"My parents." She said, I nodded to get off the subject.

I had just got here less then 20 minutes ago and I was already feeling at home. I jumped on her bed, next to her and pulled a grape from the bowl she was eating.

"What's this?" I asked referring to the show she was watching.

"Love and Hip Hop!"

"Oh." I sighed. Alana used to watch this show 24/7.

I pulled her to my chest as it went off. She twisted her hands in my dreads as she smiled up at me.

"How'd you meet my cousin?" She asked.

"Zane? I knew his ass since I was in fifth grade. I wasn't a strong boy back then, I always went to church, prayed every night. I never wanted to disappoint my mother cause she was all I had. I was at the play ground talking to this girl named Alana, that you know as that girl from the party. Apparently she had a boyfriend at the time so I wasn't allowed to talk to her which I didn't know. She was pretty, she wore her hair in two ponytails and a cute little dress and she was nice to everybody including me. Her boyfriend and his friends tried to beat me up and that's when Zane came and helped me out and we've been brothers ever since."

"He never told me about you. Probably cause I never really came around the family anymore. I always kept in touch with him and Champy and their little girl." She said with a sigh.

"He never told me about you either."

"What happened to your father?" She asked.

"I never met him. He left my mom the day before she found out she was pregnant and never told him." I said.

I never knew why my father left my mom, she never told or talked to me about it.

"I'm sorry." She whispered as she twirled my hair.

"It's good. What about your parents?" I asked as she froze.

"They both died in a drug house. I don't really know the story, just of their death." She said as she took her hand from my hair and laid her head on my chest.

"Do you miss them?" I asked, this time my hand was in her hair. Her curly hair was soft and shiny as I played with it.

"I do. I just can't forgive them for choosing drugs over me and Skylar."

"One day you'll have too." I said as I combed my fingers through her hair.

"That day will never come."

"You'll can't always hold on to that grudge." I said.

I always hated my father because he wasn't there. But I'm okay with that, my mothers happy and that's all that matters. I never needed a male figure in my life.

"So you want me to forgive them for what they did? For making me take the responsibility of a 14 year old at only 16!" She sat up as she looked at me getting pissed.

"No, stop thinking of the bad things. Think of the good they did for you." I said as I brung her back to my chest.

"They didn't do anything good for me but bring Skylar in the world. It's a miracle she lived with all the drugs my mother used." She whispered as she breathed in and out.

"Everything has a reason."

"I guess so." She said before she looked up at me,"You spending the night?"