Chapter 8

A Thug's Temptation

Chapter 8 -

{ story going on hold.. }

"Champ, wake up." Zane said as he picked up Zaniah as someone knocked at the door.

He carried Zaniah to her room and put her in her bed so she could sleep as he heard Champy scream. He ran down the hall as he heard a thump, "Champy?!"

"Zane!" She cried as he made his way to the door to see her holding a bloody body.

"Suan!" He screamed as he fell to his knees and held his body as Champ ran upstairs. Suan had at least 3 bullets in his body.

"Z." Suan whispered as his eyes started getting hard to open.

"You gone be okay, Ke. We gone take you to the hospital. Don't die on me, bruh." He said as Champy ran downstairs with Zaniah and her keys.

"Nah." Keshuan said, "Champ..get em' out."

Suan hated hospitals every since he saw his mom there...slowly dying.

"Suan you might bleed to death! You need medical attention!" Champ said.

"Find Milan...Chico." He whispered as he started coughing.

"He got my cousin?" Zane asked before Suan nodded.

"Love you, bruh....Hold it down." Keshuan said as his eyes closed.

"You ain't bout to die today." Zane said as he picked Suan up as Champy waited in the car for them.

"He okay?" Champy asked as she started panicking at Suan's unconscious form as Zane put Suan in the backseat laying on his back.

Zane closed Suan's door before he walked to Champ, "Make sure he don't die on me," He pecked her lips before he put his hand on her stomach, "I love you, I got business to take care of."

Champy hugged him tightly as tears fell down her face. It was a chance that Zane wouldn't come back to her alive. He wouldn't be able to to meet his son, play ball with him, see his birth and watch Zaniah grow into a beautiful, independent woman. She knew he had to do this or it was no telling who would end up shot up next time if they didn't get Chico and she was hoping it wasn't Milan wherever she was.

Zane put his forehead against Champy's as he wiped her tears with his the pads of his thumbs, "Keep my kids safe."

"I love you." Champ said as she kissed Zane's lip hoping this wasn't the last time she would.

"Ima be back." He said before he pulled back and looked at Suan's car before going to his. It was prolly blood everywhere and he didn't want to be reminded that its a big chance his brother might not make it through this. He didn't even know how Suan was able to drive to their house that was twenty minutes away from the trap. But he knew his boy was a soldier and could make it through anything.

Milan opened her eyes slowly as she felt herself move as the driver of the truck made a sharp turn. Her head was pounding from having it beat into the ground.

Everything replayed in her head; Opening the door for a man that said he was a friend of Keshuan's... Being punched in the jaw as soon as he stepped foot in the house... Calling Suan as soon as she ran to his room to hide... The man pushing her on the ground and beating her head on the floor boards before she passed out.

She went to touch the back of her burning head, she could feel blood trickle down her scalp to her neck and onto the fabric of her shirt and bra, but something was restraining her hands from moving.

She tugged at her hands trying to see what was around her wrists but it was dark and she already knew she was in a truck. She slowly breathed, knowing if she was panicking she would go into shock.

She stayed as calm as she could as the car made another turn before it slowed down then stopped. She closed her eyes as she felt the car move a little since the driver had got out and slammed the door. She slowed her breathing as best as she could so it still looked like she was unconscious.

She heard the sound of a keys jiggling before the trunk was opened and the sun pointed right in her face, making her want to squint her eyes as she tried her hardest not to.

"C'mon, sleeping beauty." Said a hard, commanding, male voice before she was lifted over a shoulder.

She peeked her eyes open to see she was in someone's yard. There was barely any grass and if there was, it was dead. All that covered the yard was rocks and dirt and branches from the trees around the house. The man continued walking before he stopped. She heard keys jiggling again before she heard a door squeak open.

The man kept walking, not caring to close the door. Milan hoped the door stayed open so someone could come rescue her, Keshuan she was hoping.

She closed her eyes again as the man spoke again, "Boss in there? I got the girl."

A new voice spoke, "Yeah, he's in a happy mood. He hasn't told us why yet."

The man kept walking before he knocked on a door.

"Come in." Came a voice filled with joy.The man opened the door before he walked in, "This is the beauty that Keshuan has been getting friendly with."

"Yeah, boss. She's living with em'." The man said before he put Milan on the couch in Chico's new office, since they had to relocate after Keshuan's shooting.

Milan felt a presence next to her before she felt a hand on the back of her head making her want to hiss in pain.

Chico moved his hand from Milan's head before he looked at his hand to see his fingers covered in blood.

He looked at his worker and shook his head in disappointment, "You weren't supposed to hurt her."

"That was the only way I could get her to shut up and stop moving. Sorry boss." The worker said as he put his head down.

"What female wouldn't move and yell when their getting kidnapped," Chico said in more of a statement, "We don't have time to stitch her up, she'll just have to deal with the pain. You can leave now."

"Okay, boss." The man said before he left the room, closing the door on the way.

Milan felt her hair being pulled back before a sloppy, wet kiss landed on her temple, "We'll have fun together, love. You can grow to love me just as you love Keshuan."

Champy stepped on the breaks as she stopped in front of the hospital. She got out before she started yelling at the doctors and nurses standing outside, "HELP! HELP!"

A man came forward and asked her what was wrong before she told him that he had been shot in a hit and run, which was somewhat a lie.

He opened the car door where Suan lay and called some nurses to carefully help Suan on a stretcher. Zaniah finally woke up from all the commotion. She searched around for her dad who was the last person she remembered seeing to see she was in a car. She looked back and started crying as she saw her Uncle Suan on the bloody seats of the cars, being pulled out slowly by unknown people in uniforms.

She crawled out of the passengers seat and ran to her mom who was holding her stomach, "Mommy! Mommy! I want daddy!"

Champy stayed silent as she stared down at the liquid between on the ground, below her.

"Mommy! What's wrong!" Zaniah said as her tears ran down her cheeks.

"My water broke." Champy whispered as she finally looked up at her daughter, wondering where was Zane..

*****************************************

What y'all think?

-Hailsxxx

*****************************************