Chapter 5.

"Moses spread the Red Sea or something and she spread her legs for every guy that breathes around her...," Charlie says to me one Friday night. We were at his house, both having agreed to a night together considering we haven't been ever since Charlie's mom went into labor. With his dad away on business, it's difficult enough for Charlie to help out both his mom and the baby, who has the most precious eyes I have ever seen.

I let my mouth hang as I exclaim, "Charlie! So?! She can have sex with anyone. Leave her alone."

"She's a fictional character, Tara," Charlie reminds me as if that would change my opinion. "And she's a huuuge home wrecker. She can suck my dick. Actually...no she shouldn't-- I don't know where her mouth's been."

Having realized I've heard this from him many times about that one specific character, I roll my eyes and return my attention the Spanish soap opera Charlie's gotten into.

"I actually don't know how you even understand that much of it," I tell him, bringing my knees up to my chest. My head leans back into the leather couch and I focus on the television, however I'm not finding myself thinking about it or even having related thoughts. My lips pressed together and I stared stolidly ahead.

Charlie's cold hand suddenly grips my arm. "So...some kid asked me for your number. I forgot to tell you."

I snap my head towards him, eyebrows furrowing instantly with curiosity. "What? Who?"

"He was a little weird...so I don't know whether I should've...but he was getting a little scary," he chuckles casually, looking at my face and then realizing I have no amusement in my face. Charlie's face faints immediately into a vivid seriousness. "What..? Why? Should I not hook you up with creepy guys or..?"

My eyes widen. "Charlie!" I scold as if he was a child. "What did he look like?!"

"Oh...okay...well," He stammers, trying to come up with a verbal description quickly. "He was kinda tall...and had blonde hair. Dark eyes. Dude was fidgeting really badly..." Charlie laughs carelessly, shrugging his shoulders.

Keth. I instantly remember Harry standing there behind us, watching with careful, furious eyes. My jaw tightens and I sit up, grilling Charlie with my firm glare. "Did you give him my number?" I ask lowly.

"Yeah well...you can always block his number."

"Charlie!"

"I'm sorry!" He defends, voice higher than usual. "Why? Something happened with him?"

"Harry warned me about him," I blurt out, realizing I haven't explained to Charlie any of it as in all the details of the past two weeks.

Charlie leans back, face pushed back and his chin close to his neck now. A facial expression I would've laughed at any other time. His confusion is prominent. "Um...who the fuck is Harry?"

"Nobody."

"Bitch."

"Okay...it's this guy. He's drawing me for his psychology project and he says all these nice things to me and he likes to draw me because he thinks I'm beautiful or something," I begin to ramble. "And he's captain of the baseball team, and he's tall and protective and --"

Charlie holds his hand up, furrowing eyebrows coming along. "Did you say he likes to draw you?"

"Yeah..."

"Shit...I wish I was that smooth with Martha.." He humbles.

"Charlie," I sigh. "Can we just forget I even mentioned him?"

"Nah."

"Really."

Charlie laughs, leaning back onto the couch. "Okay so what's wrong with him? What's the problem?"