Chapter 12.

I kept some details to myself when explaining to my mother where I'd be today. It seemed more convenient and less time consuming to leave out my potential boyfriend, Harry, and the fact that he is yes, the son of my mother's deceased boss.

Harry's going to be going to the hearing of his father's will with his sister, Erin. I wanted to be there for Harry as much as possible, so I ditched Charlie and Martha to offer my care to a cold, stolid Harry, who even now as he dresses in a navy blue button up, refuses to speak about his thoughts and/or emotions. Seems typical, but if I were him, I'd be doing the same thing, so I don't bug him about it today. Maybe another.

He runs his hands over his face, rubbing his fingers against his eyes and sighing to himself. I sit on his bed, eyes wandering around the tidy, organized room. This is my first time here in his house, or his aunt's house, and after a short tour, it seems like a homely, neat home. I wasn't surprised to see Harry's room organized, and candles placed on every other surface. He does not like turning on the lights.

When he turns to me, I look at him almost instantly. His black pants, and leathery shoes, and the navy button up seem like good colors on him. I send him a small smile before standing up, taking quiet steps towards him before standing before him. He looks down at me, and whispers, "I really don't want to do this."

"But you will. And I will be here when you want to cry," I tell him firmly, though not a second does my voice fail to show compassion.

The annoyance is clear on his face, but he grabs my face in his hands, squeezing my cheeks and leaning down to place his lips over mine. My eyes shut as well as his. I grab his hands from my cheeks and gradually move them away from my face, placing them on my waist that he hugs carefully seconds after. It carefully pulls my body to his. The soft kiss deepens slightly, only for us to pull away when there's a soft knock on the opened bedroom door.

Erin peers in and gives us a smile. She wears a beige blouse and a pair of black pants with nude heels. Her brown hair, alike to Harry's, is pushed away from her face and into a pony tail. Her eyes are apologetic, feeling intrusive as she gently tells Harry, "Sorry to interrupt. But we've got to go and I can't get a hold of Katherine. I was supposed to leave Nathan with her."

Harry lets go of me and briefly brushes his hand against mine as he does so, out of accident or on purpose, but I don't know. He reaches into his back pocket to pull out his phone; he checks the time. "She could be somewhere there isn't any reception. If she got caught up at work -- the calls might not be coming in?" He suggests lowly, glancing at his phone again.

"Oh, well. I guess I'll take Nathan with us," Erin responds, leaning away from the room.

"I could stay with Nathan," I say out of nowhere, my mouth blabbering on its own. It's not as if I said it and regretted it -- part of me wanted an excuse not to go home to my thoughts. Erin looks at me, raising her eyebrows in surprise while Harry glances towards me in a somewhat similar manner. "I love kids. Plus, I don't have anything going on."

Erin seems pleased as she reassures, "Would you? I mean, it's okay if you don't want to.."

"No, it's fine," I smile, looking away from Harry. "I'll be happy to."

"Oh gosh, thank you, Tara. I promise he's a sweet boy."

When she leaves the room, Harry turns back to me with a stolid expression, shaking his head and asking, "You love kids?"

I chuckle and he manages a tiny smile. "Yes, actually. I happen to be very good with them."

"I'll keep that in mind," he murmurs, and I give him a curious look as he adds, "If you marry me, say in however many so years from now, if you can still handle me then...then we'll have enough kids to supply a daycare purely out of our genetics alone."