Chapter 22.

n. I wanna thank the lovely itshxrrystyles for making this amazing clip of Tara and Harry. Crazy good! Extra long chapter!

I'm tuned into a fiery argument in my seminar class. Professor Howard has always been a man for political debates, or debates on simply everything. My laugh is apparent and I have to cover my face as Xavier sits beside me, raising his eyebrows and tucking his chin into his neck at the conservative views of one of the students at the stand. She makes her statement without shaking, without stammering. She's confident, and I admire that. However, her views are somewhat controversial and problematic.

Xavier rolls his eyes as she brings up arguments on topics that will no doubt be able to start a riot in this class. The second-hand embarrassment is truly sad, and the fact that I can't help myself from laughing makes it all the more hysterical.

Running his hand through his jet black curls, Xavier leans sideways, closer to me and whispers, "You think she'd have half a brain, getting into Brown and all..."

Professor Howard glances in our direction briefly, noticing our lack of attention. I don't respond to Xavier right away, waiting until the instructor looks away from us again. When he does, I bite into my bottom lip, unable to keep grinning. "Conservatives are always annoying," I admit, trying to keep a straight face.

"Yeah, but us liberals win by a long shot," he quietly says before leaning away from me. I look over at him, grinning, and he returns the playful look.

I look away finally as Professor Howard dismisses the class. I'm packing my things and strapping my bag over my shoulder. Ever since the Keth incident yesterday, my wrist has swollen up a bit from the aftermath. I'm just hoping it settles and the pain decreases by the time Harry comes back. It's not as if I won't tell him, I just have to find out how I'll do it without getting him so aggressive. But I know that's inevitable.

Xavier glances down at my wrist and then up at me, grabbing his things and joining my side as we make our way out of the room. "How's your wrist?"

"Painful. Bruising. But...it's gonna get worse before it gets better," I mutter, sighing.

We join the crowd of students spilling into the halls, as he says, "That guy's a fucking asshole. I can't believe he did that to you."

I shake my head, narrowed eyes looking ahead of me with disinterest. "I'm just worried he's going to do it again. That's the third time he's come up to me. And the times before, Harry was there and told him to back off. I don't like feeling like I'm targeted and helpless. That does not settle well with me."

Ahead of us, I see Charlie, sporting ripped jeans and a big, pale blue t-shirt. His hair is curly, dark cocoa skin smooth as usual. His smile is bright as he waves at a few people, boisterous laugh leaving his lips. When I approach him, walking past him, I raise my hand to playfully punch his arm. He turns to look at me, quickly glancing between Xavier and I.

"Tara," he grins, smoothly turning and quickly watching up to us, wrapping an around my my shoulder. He looks over to Xavier, and he tilts his chin up. "Hi, Xavier right?"

Furrowing my eyebrows, I question, "You know each other?"

"Yeah. Mr. Top of the Class, Neurology major is a genius," Charlie comments, resulting in Xavier rolling his eyes in amusement as he adds, "Oh, and --" he pauses, grabbing my fingers gently and raising my injured hand to his face. My black long sleeve shirt had slipped down my wrist, allowing anyone to see the obvious discoloration. His curious, caring brown eyes examine my badly bruised skin. "What happened?"