Chapter 25

n. I'm sorry ya'll I'm late but I take advanced courses so this shit is hella stressful. And I just want to say this story will clearly cause many of you discomfort regarding the stalking or the mature themes.

"What?"

I blinked quickly, grimacing with confusion and blatant shock.

Harry's teammate looks flustered at my lack of understanding to what he believes was a very clear and straight to the point statement. His almost albino complexion, nearly white hair and bright blue eyes, pale skin remind me of the winter because he seems to live in it forever the way he looks. He frowns again, confused as he restates, "..Fin was wearing Harry's jersey?"

Beside me, Harry is silent. Eyes almost aimlessly watching nothing in particular. Lost in thought, he continues to remain silent as my eyes follow between him and where he looks back to the oblivious teammates. Cassiel looks between Harry and I, putting the pieces back together himself. I've felt enough stress for the day, but it just keeps adding up like a perpetual debt I have to pay.

I stand quietly, swallowing the explosion bubbling within me at the newly released information. My eyes are blank and my face stolid and unfazed, while the inside of my brain ticks and clicks like the inside of a clock tower. My slow pace allows Harry to stand right next to me as I exit the waiting room. Next to me, he calls, "Tara."

I mumble beneath my breath. My walk not slowing and not gaining speed. I feel like a small girl, lost in a foreign place. I don't like it.

"You can't think that..It could be anything," he tries to convince.

"Then what else was it?"

"I don't know? Probably just a sick person wanted to hurt people. That happens. It could've been anyone," he says, hands running through his wavy, thick strands of hair.

With my arms crossed over my chest, I turn and we stand in the middle of a hallway, away from the commotions of the waiting room and nurses and the frenzied medical interns. My eyes glare up at Harry with the tension I feel inside of me, not with anger. "I have a feeling it's not?"

Harry's eyes search my face for a quiet moment. "Don't think that."

"I am, though. I am thinking the worst," I remark, grimacing with slight anxiety now. "I can't help that. What if.........."

"What if what?" He urges.

"What if this is about your dad? I..I read the articles. A lot of people agree with that bullshit..and it's actually scary how serious they're about it...I don't know--"

"Don't put that bloody mess in your head. I did, and it got me nowhere, okay? Stop talking about those damn articles, Tara," he insist firmly, gazing at me with furrowed eyebrows and closed lips.

My silence is short lived after I've thought. "I knew I should've been a little more cautious when I saw something at your place. And we decided to just ignore it--"

"Tara, drop it. You make it sound like--"

"-- like there's something wrong? Because I think there is."

"Alright, but it could also be anything else. Fin and I don't look alike at all," he explains slowly, but I know he's losing his patience. "I never talked about those articles because this is exactly what they made me think. Made me think someone was out to get me at every corner. And that consumed me--"