Spirited Away 2 - Hidden Love - Chapter Nine - Mean yet Kind Yubaba

Spirited Away 2

(A/N: Hello, sorry for such a LONG update! I feel so bad for not updating! Please forgive me! I've been busy with school, the internet would not work and life is just annoying! So thank you all again for your reviews, faves and follows! ^^ So, I'll try to do a long chapter just for you! Please R&R!)

Chapter Nine

Chihiro was led into the elevator and came to a sudden halt as she felt the lift moving, she looked over at Haku, who was simply looking at the doors. Chihiro sighed and shivered as the rush of the lift made her cold. Haku looked over and saw her shivering.

"Are you cold?" Haku asked as he gazed at Chihiro, she blushed and shook her head.

"Nope, I'm fine!" Chihiro explained. However, Chihiro shuddered again and she smiled at Haku. Haku chuckled and took off his cloak; he was stood in his turquoise pants with a white t-shirt.

"But you'll be cold! I'll be fine," Chihiro complained as Haku was about to place the cloak around her. But Chihiro dodged and giggled, Haku chuckled at Chihiro.

"Come on Chihiro, just wear the cloak?" Haku suggested. He instantly received a shake of the head from Chihiro.

"No thank you, Master Haku!" Chihiro said and Haku shuddered himself as he heard his title from Chihiro. He hated the title ever since he met Chihiro; it made him angry that Chihiro would have to call him that once she got a job from Yubaba, however he felt alright seeing as it was Chihiro's angelic voice.

"Haku, you alright?" Chihiro asked as she slowly approached Haku. Haku remained where he was until there was a small gap between them and he quickly turned around and placed the cloak over Chihiro's head.

"Got ya!" Haku exclaimed as Chihiro fell in his arms with the cloak around her shoulders. Chihiro looked at him and pouted.

"But then you'll be cold!" Chihiro protested and pulled the cloak off her. Haku sighed at how stubborn she was.

"At least let the two of us share the cloak?" Chihiro asked and silence filled the lift. They were both silent and still until Haku sighed as he gave in.

"Fine," Haku whispered as he placed the cloak over his shoulders. Chihiro walked towards Haku as he wrapped the cloak around her emaciated shoulders.

"Cold?" Haku asked.

"Nope, thanks Haku, you're a good…" Chihiro clenched her fists together, "Friend." Chihiro looked away in disbelief and sighed. Haku looked at her and smiled.

The lift doors slid open and both Chihiro and Haku were welcomed with a cool breeze. They both walked out of the lift together. They continued to walk in utter silent, until they reached the massive door. Chihiro gulped nervously and approached the door. Chihiro knocked onto the door, suddenly the knocker rolled its' eyes.

"So you have come back human, with manners I can see," the voice cackled, "so what do you want?" Chihiro let out a breath and looked at the knocker.

"Please may I talk to you about a job?" Chihiro asked and bowed her head as the doors swung open. Chihiro went back under the cloak and hung onto Haku's arms. The memories of Yubaba started to flood into Chihiro's mind and she shuddered at the thought of her. Haku placed an arm around Chihiro's shoulder, which made Chihiro blush.

"It will be alright." Haku whispered into Chihiro's ear and she nodded.

"Chihiro," Haku said and Chihiro looked up to Haku's emerald eyes.

"Yes?" Chihiro stuttered as she snapped back in reality from Haku's eyes.

"Remember your name, Chihiro," Haku explained. Chihiro released her grip on Haku's arm and showed him the bracelet which Zeniba gave her.

"No need to worry, Zeniba gave me this!" Chihiro explained.

"I know, but you must hide it," Haku explained. Chihiro looked on her clothes to see any pockets, however to her dismay there was none and she was wearing a t-shirt.

"Where shall I hide it?" Chihiro asked and Haku stretched out a hand.

"I'll hide it for you," Haku explained and felt the bracelet drop into his palm, "you don't mind?" Chihiro shook her head.

"Nope, besides I trust you and I'm really careless anyway!" Chihiro said she hung onto Haku's arm as they walked their way to Yubaba's office.

Haku knocked on the door and they immediately swung open. Haku glanced at Chihiro, who gave him a nod and they entered the room.

"So human, you want a job here?" Yubaba asked and Chihiro nodded, "Why should I give you a job here? You were the one who brought that devious No-Face and caused havoc and you wasted a lot of money! And not to forget that humans are horrible creatures!" Chihiro gasped at Yubaba's comment on humans but smirked.

"Well don't you remember that I was the one who washed that very rich River Spirit and you received all that gold?" Before Yubaba was able to protest Chihiro carried on, "And I was also the one who lured No-Face out of here? Oh yes, do you remember that we were the ones who brought back Boh?" Yubaba looked at Chihiro, she was speechless. Haku simply chuckled and Yubaba sighed.

"Fine, I understand that humans are not all that bad and I will give you a job," Yubaba explained, she swung her hand and a piece of paper and pen sailed through the air. Haku grabbed the pen and paper and handed it to Chihiro.

"Thanks," Chihiro whispered as she received the stuff from Haku, who simply smiled. "Shall I put Sen or Chihiro?"

"Sen," Yubaba exclaimed she gazed at Haku and Chihiro. After Chihiro signed the paper, she handed it over to Yubaba.

"Thank you," Yubaba said as she snatched the paper from Chihiro's hands, "Now run along, today I'll let you have a rest, but tomorrow it is work, ok?" Chihiro nodded, however Haku held out a hand.

"Please, allow me to help in whatever job Chihiro is doing and not to do any missions?" Haku asked.

"Fine by me, there is no mission for you tomorrow," Yubaba explained trying to sound as mean as she can.

"Oh and you can have your old room back Haku, seeing as there is no more room for Chihiro in the girls' bedroom," Yubaba explained and both Chihiro and Haku bowed their heads down.

"Thank you Yubaba," Chihiro and Haku said in unison.

"Now get out of my sight!" Yubaba's voice echoed into Chihiro's and Haku's ears and they walked out of the room.

"Wow! Has Yubaba changed that much in six years?" Chihiro asked.

"Well, she isn't usually like this but still…" Yubaba was no longer able to hear the conversation as they left her office.

"Sure I may be harsh and mean, but I do have a soft spot for love, seeing as a love connection is burning from you two."

"Where are we going Haku?" Chihiro asked as she was led up down a long set of stairs.

"To the boiler room, if you don't mind?" Haku explained. Chihiro shook her head and smiled.

"Fine by me!" Chihiro replied and skipped down the stairs. Haku gazed at Chihiro's graceful moves and sighed. Chihiro had always treated Haku as a friend, so how could he hide his feelings for her? He had always loved Chihiro ever since, they met… On the bridge…

"Haku, are you ok?" Chihiro asked as she approached the daydreaming Haku.

"Err yeah; I'm fine, just wondering…" Haku explained.

"About?" Chihiro said.

"About what an amazing friend I have!" Haku explained and cursed himself for sounding so corny, but Chihiro giggled.

"You're an amazing friend as well Haku!" Chihiro exclaimed. She and Haku looked away from each other.

"So Haku, you only treat me as a friend?"

"Chihiro, is a friend all I mean to you?"

(A/N: Hello guys! Long time no talk, or more like long time no update! Please forgive me for my ultra LONG update! Sorry! ^^ Anyway, please R&R and I'll try to update soon. Until then, adios!)