Spirited Away 2 - Hidden Love - Chapter Twelve - Trust and Faith Founded

Spirited Away 2

(A/N: Hello guys! Sorry for… a cliff-hanger ^^, a long wait -.- and the chapter issue… Think my Fanfic account got hacked! -.- Anyway, on with the story…)

Chapter Twelve

Haku felt the pain overwhelm him as he punched the wall for the millionth time. Blood started to form around his bruised knuckles, Haku wiped them away and he leant against the wall. The coldness of the wall cooling his forehead, Haku sighed and pushed himself off the wall. He began to stagger away into the darkness of the night.

Haku walked onto the bridge where he met her, where he warned her and told her to run away. And that was when their first encounters' memories began to flow into Haku's mind. That was the day where he fell in love with her...

...Haku was peacefully swimming in his river invisibly. He scanned the area and began to swim deeper into his river and there he saw a fat man and woman sitting together as they both looked at the beautiful view of the valley where his river was located. Haku began to swim away when the couple were packing their stuff away into their car. Haku smiled and swam further up the river, seeing if there was any sign of any humans around and changed into his true form. A dragon.

Haku swam around, the cool water touching his scales; he enjoyed the peaceful atmosphere until he heard some worried voices.

"Chihiro! Chihiro, where are you?" the couple shouted and Haku saw the couples panicking and worrying as they ran around finding this Chihiro. Haku decided to swim on further to find this Chihiro, until he heard an angelic voice.

"Mommy! Daddy! I'm over here! I'm just paddling in this river!" the little girl explained and smiled a cute smile in her parents' direction. In the little girl's hand was a little pink shoe and she slowly dropped it into the river. The river's current pushing it down the river, the little girl gasped and began to sprint after her little pink shoe along to river bank, until the girl leapt into the water.

SPLASH!

Haku swiftly swam towards the sinking little girl and dived directly underneath her. Haku completely forgot about his dragon form; however he shook it off him as he tried to save the girl. Suddenly, Haku felt small yet strong hands grasp on his horns and felt the little girl's body on his back as they swam up to the surface of the water. As they reached the river's bank, Haku carefully placed the girl on it and began to sink to the depths of the water, until the little girl stood up.

"Please wait! My name is Chihiro Ogino! What's your name?" the little girl asked and smiled her cute smile. Haku dared to rise a few inches to the surface of the water.

"Nigihayami Kohaku Nushi..." Haku whispered.

"Thank you! Nigi... Hami... Ko... Haku... Nu... Shi?" the little girl asked and smiled again. Haku chuckled to himself as the little girl tried to pronounce his name and began to sink to the depths of his river as he sensed the couple coming.

"Bye bye! I hope we can see each other again! Can we be friends?" the little girl asked and Haku nodded and sank to the bottom of his river. He saw the couple envelope the little girl in a tight embrace, tears pouring out of their eyes, he saw them walk away and he began to look away, before seeing a glimpse of the girl's cheery smile once more. Haku was surprised yet happy at the same time. Many humans saw Haku in his dragon form and ran away in fright, however, this little girl was special she saw him in his dragon form and did not run away, but she asked to be her friend. On that day, the little girl did not only steal a glance of him in his dragon form. But she stole his heart. That was the day when he fell in love with Chihiro.