Part 10

Jack

I woke up to Mark crying against my chest. I pulled him closer to me and rubbed his back, whispering sweet things to him.

"You will be okay Mark."

"I will always be here for you."

"You are so perfect."

And lastly...

"I love you so much Mark."

He calmed down when I told him that I loved him and looked up at me with sad eyes.

"No you don't.... They said no one loves me.... I told them I had a friend and he whipped me because I lied... I will never be loved... I don't deserve love..." He mumbled while hugging me tightly.

I was shocked. Mark is so sweet and beautiful. He has such a kind, loving heart and deserves to be surrounded by love and kindness. Instead he is in a home where he is punished for having a friend. Punished for being himself. It broke my heart.

"I am so sorry Mark... I love you so much. Ever since I met you I felt like I needed you in my life. Like I want to protect you from all harm. You deserve to be happy. Parents are supposed to love their children." I said to him.

He looked into my eyes.

"You... you mean it...? You... actually care about me...?" He asked, with a small bit of hope in his sparkling brown eyes.

I kissed his head.

"Of course I do. You are one of the sweetest, most handsom, most loving guy I have ever met."

He smiled and gently pulled me in, kissing me gently. I wrapped my arms around his neck and enjoyed the wonderful feeling that was spreading through my body.

He pulled away and rested his forehead against mine with a smile.

"I love you to Jack. Thank you for saving me..." he said.

I pecked his lips.

"Of course."

He smiled and snuggled up to me again. We laid there for about 30 minutes, just talking about school and movies exchanging small kisses as we spoke.

I heard the door swing open while I was in the middle of a sweet kiss with Mark.

Felix stood there hand in hand with Ryan. They both smiled at us and I started blushing, so did Mark.

Ryan groaned and handed Felix a $20 bill, which Felix grabbed with a smug smile.

"Wait wait wait! You bet on us!?" Mark said.

"I said you would get together in the first month and Ryan said it would take you longer. I could tell by the way you looked at each other."

Mark sighed and hid his face in my shoulder.

I kissed his head.

"I need to go home..." he said.

I frowned and held him closer. He hugged me tighter but stood up.

"I'm sorry..." he kissed my cheek and hugged Felix and Ryan before walking out.

I waited until the door shut and followed him. I just wanted to make sure he got home safely...

He walked with his hands in his pockets and I frowned as he walked past his house.

I followed him as he walked to the park and stopped at a flower vender. He picked up 2 bunches of bright flowers and kept walking. I followed him for about a mile when he stopped and kneeled down, setting the two flowers down on the grass. That is when I realized where I was.

I was standing in a grave yard.

I looked at the two headstones that Mark set the flowers down on.

"John Fischbach

A loving husbend and father.

Emily + John

Together forever"

"Emily Fischbach

A loving wife and mother.

John + Emily

Together forever"

Mark was on his knees and I listened as he prayed.

After a minute I couldn't take the pain in my heart so I ran.

I made it to the park before collapsing on a bench and crying.