Part 24

Bonjour bitches! So I am very very sick and I am writing this after drinking 4 cups of tea and writing my original book (I posted a preview on here if you want to check it out *wink wonk* I actually hope to publish it and sell hard copies when I finish!) as well as a cute/sad soul mate AU that I could do a ship for as a fanfiction. If you guys are interested let me know what ships you would want or if you would want my OCs (it is a cute lesbian couple named Anna and Rosemarie). As for the ships it can be youtubers (preferably the ones I have written for before), Anime (I do Hetalia, Black Butler, Assassination Classroom and a few others), Hamilton (HELL YES) as well as a large variety of books, films and TV shows. For the plot to work though it does have to be a gay couple. Aaaannnnyyyy who I have been writing nonstop (can I get a whoop whoop for Hamilton references) for days and I am drunk on writing power so let's get a move on with this chapter!

Mark

I clung to Jack and I could myself start to cry. He was looking for me... Does that mean he still loves me... He said he doesn't love me anymore.... My mind was reeling and I pulled away.
"Why are you here Jack?" I asked, my voice breaking. He pulled away and I could feel myself shaking. The ground swayed beneath my feet but before I fell I was in his arms again.
"Mark... I am so sorry... I am so so sorry... I love you, I never stopped loving you... I am so sorry." He muttered over and over and his words echoed in my mind. I pulled away so I could look him in the eyes.
"Then why Jack? Why would you leave me when you knew I had no one!?" I could feel the anger shading my face and ears with a light shade of red. He looked taken aback.
"Lets go home... I will explain everything."
My breathing sped up and I stared at him with a cold stare.
"I don't have a home." I said, the laugh that followed carried a cruel edge. "They abandoned me Jack. Just like my real family. Just like you." My nails bit into my palms, leaving angry red crescent moons on the normally smooth skin.
My eyes stared into his and all I saw was regret. I turned and with a slight stomp I stormed out of the store.

Jack

I stood there for a split second in shock. What just happened... It wasn't until he had reached the doors that my brain kicked into gear and I ran after him. I ran outside the store and looked every direction, finally spotting him about 20 feet from me to the left. I yelled his name and ran towards him. He didn't speed up, but rather... slowed down...? Once I finally reached him I grabbed the fabric of his coat gently.
"Mark... please, let me explain..." I pleaded and he turned around. The anger was gone, replaced now by sadness. He was staring at his hands with wet, dull eyes. He finally looked at me but when he opened his mouth no words came out. He shut his mouth and snuffled before looking down again. He grabbed my hand in his and started walking. I sighed at the feeling of his hand in mine but I know this is far from being over.
Silence hung over us as we walked, Mark leading me to a place unknown to me. After about 10 minutes of walking together we reached this little shop. Mark looked at me and gave a small smile before slipping behind the building. I tilted my head in confusion and followed as he went in the back door. I looked around and there was food in the pantry and a bunch of water bottles lining the floor by the counter. Everything was surprisingly clean and there was a small "bed" set up by one of the small, hipster cafe couches. He went over and sat on the bed, wrapping the blanket around himself. I could see him shivering and I say down next to him.
He looked over at me and shyly extended the blanket, silently asking if I would like some. It is pretty cold... I grasped the corned and moved closer to him, pulling it behind me and wrapping around my other shoulder. I muttered a small "thank you" and he leaned into me. I didn't know what to do... what is crossing a line...? Probably a lot, with everything we have been through. I went to pet his hair when I froze. Would that be weird? After all... we aren't even dating anymore...
"Why'd you do it Jack?" He muttered into the blanket that he had bundled in front of his face. I sighed. I can't lie to him...
"Mark... your uncle... he had threatened to kill you if I didn't break up with you." I glanced at him, expecting him to be shocked but he remained unfazed. After a moment he turned to look at me.
"Does that mean... you still love me...?" I immediately pulled him close, simultaneously wrapping him in my arms and pulling the blanket tighter around both of us.
"I never stopped Mark... I am so sorry..." I could feel him start to shake and then he burst into tears. He was weeping in my arms and I gently rubbed his back. I talked calmly to him, making slow movements.
"It's okay... I am here."
"Listen to my heart beat and focus on that..."
"You'll be alright... no one can hurt you now."
"I love you."
"You don't have to be alone ever again..."
With those last few words I felt him go limp in my arms. I was about to panic when I realized he fell asleep. I kissed his head and held him close.
You don't have to be alone ever again.