Part 20

Hello everyone. I am so sorry it has been so long. I have been having a bit of a hard time. It is crazy to think that you guys worry about me so I am so grateful to have all of you. I don't want to delve into to much detail but certain things have been going on lately that have made updating difficult. I don't want to disappoint you guys and I feel like sometimes it is best to not update because it won't be very good. So I apologize again and if you are curious about what is going on you can message me and I can elaborate. And if any of you have anything or need anyone I am here. I have been through quite a bit and would be very happy to help you.

Mark

I woke up to the sun peeking in through the boarded up windows. I sat up, my back aching horribly in protest, making me groan. I sat straight and heard my back crack. With the tension gone it was easier to focus on the situation at hand.
I looked around the abandoned cafe, cobwebs and dust decorated the walls and tables.
I stood up and stretched, giving a small yawn. I walked around the shop, looking around. Eventually I opened a closet and found some cleaning supplies.
"Now we're talking." I said to myself with a smile, grabbing out the broom, duster, window cleaner, mop, cleaner, a few rags and a bucket. I set the supplies down and started by dusting everything. All the tables and chairs, counters and walls. Then I swept and moped before putting all the chairs down at their tables and cleaning them, before moving and cleaning all of the fabric chairs. I cleaned the windows and equipment.
By the time I finished night had fallen. I wiped my forehead and smiled at my work. A bottle of cleaner hung by my belt loop and just seeing the clean cafe filled me with satisfaction.
My stomach let out a very loud noise and I put my hand on it.
'I wonder if they have canned food...'
I walked around the shop, looking through all the cabinets and drawers.
"Yes!" I cried as I found a cupboard full of canned food. They were dusty but they would have to do.
I looked outside and saw it was pouring rain. I grabbed a huge tub that once held coffee beans and cleaned it before taking it outside along with a can of fruit cocktail and canned raisin bread. I rinsed the lids of the cans and left the tub to fill with water so I can drink it tomorrow.
I stood, looking at the tub for a moment.
'I don't know when it will rain again... and I will need to bath and drink at some point...' I decided to go back in and get 4 more tubs, a large metal barrel and 2 cups for me to drink tonight.
I went back inside with my cans and sat at one of the tables. I know I saw a can opener somewhere. I started looking again and found it pretty quick, opening the cans hastily.
I grabbed a newly clean spoon and started eating.
Honestly this isn't so bad.

If only Jack was here...