Part 14

Mark

I opened my eyes and my entire torso was numb.
I groaned and squeezed my eyes shut and heard the door open, not bothering to open my eyes for the doctor.
"Mark...." My eyes shot open at the sound of her voice. The voice I haven't heard in years.
My eyes met hers and we just stood there, taking in the sight of each other.
She had gotten taller, and had more of a figure. Her brown hair was longer and in pretty waves that rolled down her shoulders. Her brown eyes met mine and I saw tears in hers.
"Amanda...?" I said quietly, not quite believing this is real.
She nodded and that's when the tears started falling for the both of us.
She walked over and stood close to me. I could tell she wasn't sure if she should hug me or if that would make me panic. Abuse sometimes makes people afraid of physical contact but I am doing pretty well with it so I sat up and wrapped my arms around her torso, since that is where I could reach.
She got down on my level so we could hug properly and I cried onto her shoulder.
She stroked my hair and I heard her tell me it was okay.
"I... I missed you so much...." I chocked out.
I felt her give me a small squeeze.
"I missed you to Mark...." Her voice hitched at the end and I could feel her warm tears in my shoulder.
We reluctantly pulled apart and she wiped her eyes.
"Oh Mark... I am so so sorry... I should have protected you, like I promised..." She said.
"No. Amanda no. You couldn't have done anything even if you tried. You would have gotten hurt to. And I'd rather have only one hurt person over two. Allie and Missy need you more then me and I cannot thank you enough for taking care of them when I couldn't..." I said. She hugged me again and I felt her crying. I wrapped my arms around her and started to sob. I missed her so much and even though she is here now I can't help but feel sad because I know she has to leave and she makes me feel at home... She makes me feel safe and I don't want to loose that...
I opened my eyes briefly and saw Jack looking in from the window. He was crying too and when my eyes met him his he blew me a small kiss. I smiled at him and shut my eyes.

Jack makes me feel at home.
Jack makes me feel safe.
And... Jack makes me feel loved...
And Jack will never leave me.

At least... That's what I thought...