Part 25

Jack

I moved my hand in slow circles on the back of Marks hand, studying him while he slept. His eyes were shut and he looked rather peaceful. His eye lashes are fairly long and rested against his light olive skin. His hair was greasy, like he hadn't showered in a while. As in a daze, I ran my fingers through it immediately vowed to get him to my home as soon as possible. I looked around the small shop he had taken shelter in and saw a few food wrappers scattered around. It was mostly granola bars, canned fruit and water bottles. I should get him some real food too... I pulled the blanket tighter around us when I was struck with a realization.
I never told the others I found Mark!
I carefully got up and tucked Mark in, slipping into the kitchen area and hopefully out of earshot before grabbing my phone from my pocket and dialing Felix. As the phone started to ring I slid against the cabinet and sat on the floor. The phone only rang once before I heard Feli.
"Jack! Thank God! What happened, did you find Mark?" I smiled.
"Yes I found him. He is asleep right now but we are going to talk when he wakes up. I am going to call my mom and see if he can stay with me for a little bit. Maybe he can go back and forth between our homes." I could hear Felix's relief as he told the others I found mark. We talked for a few minutes before I cut the conversation off, telling him I will keep him updated.
After I put my phone in its pocket I made my way back to the couch where Mark was sleeping peacefully. A gently sat down next to him and studied him. I know it has been that long but it feels like it's been years. I let out a sad sigh and felt him move, his body falling against mine. I let him sleep against me for about an hour and a half until he started to stir.
"Good morning Mark." I said, keeping my voice calm and soft.
"Morning." He grumbled, sitting up and giving a small stretch. I fiddled around with the hymn of my shirt, nervous about talking about the elephant in the room.
"Mark... I think we need to talk..." Marks body immediately stiffened at my words. He began to shy away from my and I grabbed his hands, forcing him to stay put. "It isn't anything bad Mark, please don't shut me out." Mark frowned and bit his lip but gave me a sad, hesitant nod.
"Mark... talk to me..."
"I felt... so alone Jack... like I had finally found a place where I belonged and it felt complete and then... and then I read your letter and it all fell apart..." he let his head fall into his hands and I felt something inside of me die. I killed the one thing Mark had left...
"Oh Mark..." I tried to hug him and when he winced and tensed up I felt my heart break. "We should get out of here Mark. Get you to a really house so you can shower and get some real food and sleep. Felix said we can go there." Mark stared at me for a moment before giving a small nod. I gently helped him off the couch and held his hand tightly in my own. He looked down at our interlocked limbs.
"I'll never let you go again Mark." He gave a soft laugh.
"I'll never let go Jack." We laughed together at his reference before walking out the door. The sun was starting to set as we made our way to Felix's. Together.

Hey guys! So I am going to write between 2-3 more chapters of this story and then call it a wraps! I am so excited, this has been a long process and I have had so much support and love and I cannot thank you all. I am going to start some new stories after this from fandoms that I am in currently. Would you guys be interested in new stories? If so leave a comment with which fandoms y'all are into and I can post an update with the ships and story descriptions so you can tell me which ones you would read. Right now I am big in these fandoms:

Gravity falls
South Park
Camp Camp
Rick and Morty

So let me know which ones you guys want to read stories from!