Part 21

Jack

It has been 2 weeks now since Mark went missing. Felix and all Marks friends are helping me look. I can't lose hope... I won't lose hope. School got out an hour ago and we split off into our small search party's. I was walking with Felix and Ryan and I couldn't stop my mind from going to the worst as we walked.
'What if Mark is injured...'
'What if he is dead...'
'What if his family did something to him...'
'What if he was kidnapped...'
'What if he-'
"Shut up!" I shouted out loud, not only scaring Felix but causing a few strangers to turn and look at me as well.
"Are you okay Jack?" Felix asked. His accent seemed thicker because of his stress.
"I think I am going to look on my own for a while... I need to clear my head." I said, shoving my hands in my pockets.
"Okay... just be safe Jack." Ryan said.
"And call us if you find anything." Felix added in. I nodded and turned the next corner while they went straight.
I looked around me, trying to think of where he could be. After a few moments I decided to start going into establishments like grocery stores and clothing stores and convenience stores. I mean, Mark needs food and things, right...?
I opened my wallet and looked at the picture of Mark. I felt tears prickle the corner of my eyes and I squeezed them shut. After taking a deep breath I went into the first store, which was a Fred Myers.
After asking multiple people at different check outs as well as random employees I gave up and went to the next store.
At about 6 pm I felt like crying. I had been to at least 6 different places and I am exactly where I started.
"One more... I need to go to one more..." I mumbled aloud and found the next store.
Person after person I asked and no one recognized him. That is, until I spoke with an older gentleman in the pharmacy.
"Excuse me, sir? Have you seen this boy by any chance...?" I asked, holding up the picture of Mark.
"As a matter of fact he was in here about an hour ago. He bought a thermal blanket, energy bars and pain killers." He said and I felt my heart stop.
"Do you have any idea where he went!? He is my boyfriend and he ran away about two weeks ago!" I said, talking extremely fast.
He looked taken aback but shook his head.
"I don't. But I do know he comes in here on Tuesday's and Friday's. What's your name so I can tell him you are looking for him?"
"Oh! My name is Jack! Actually, I am going to come in here on Tuesday and wait, is that okay? Please sir, I can't risk not finding him!" I said, almost about to cry. From joy or despair I don't know.
"That is fine with me son. I am so happy I could help."
I hugged him and thanked him before running out of the store to call the others.

Hey guys! I am sorry I am taking so long between updates, I have been having a bit of writes block. If you have any ideas for this story that would be so helpful. I would be very grateful. In the meanwhile I have been writing some story's for anime's. I have written some for Ouran high school host club, Assassination classroom and Hetalia. I might also write some for Black Butler and Yuri on ice. If I posted them on here would any of you actually read them? If you would read them let me know and if I have enough people wanting them then I will post them. I love all of you and I apologize again for how slow I am. And happy holidays everyone. Christmas Eve is tomorrow so early Marry Christmas to everyone. I hope all of you have a great Christmas and spread love to everyone. Farewell for now.
-Akira