Life and Death

Grace's P.O.V.

Life and Death.

Don't you wonder about Life and Death? Like you can feel it when your about to die, but you don't?

That's how I feel.

This guy is scary.

The black wolf I had met earlier is here again. I bristle up. He is in human form.

He is a tall, bulky man. His eyes are a light hazel, broad shoulders and dark, short hair.

He chuckles, standing way above me in human form.

I growl.

"So the Alpha is a petite teenager. Typical."

The rest of his pack chuckles ruthlessly.

I growl,"What do you want," I demand.

"My name is actually, Lucas McCarthy. I am Alpha of the Blacknight pack," He says.

I am instantly confused.

The others seemed stunned, so I'm assuming this is a surprise.

My Beta runs up beside me,"The Blacknight pack is the 3rd largest pack in the country other than ours which is first then Bloodmoon. The Blacknight pack is rarely seen. Let alone the Alpha."

I nod, coming to an understanding. I look up at the large man before me,"You are on my territory," I growl.

"Not for long," he says simply.

I resist the urge to tear him to pieces.

"Leave."

I growl menacingly.

Lucas has fear flash across his face before he growls, deciding to retreat,"Let us go," he sent the signal, for the pack to leave. The wolves run off except for Lucas,"We will be back."

I growl, making him take off a full speed.

I turn back to Aiden, seeing surprise on his face.

He shakes his head.

I frown,"What?"

He shivers,"How did you do that?"

"Do what?"

"Scare away one of the most powerful Alphas on this side of the country."

I shrug,"Maybe he isn't what people make him out to be."

I turn just to be crushed into a hug, Jason is squishing me like a bug under a foot,"Can't. Breath."

He pulls back patting my head,"Sorry. Got worried for a sec there," he says chuckling.

I roll my eyes with a snort as I stalk back into the Pack house, straight up to that is Aiden's and my own.

Aiden follows me. Slamming the door behind him, scaring the absolute hell out of me.

I screech when he slams the door. He jumps up against the door while I back up against the opposite wall. He chuckles, realizing it's just me. I do the same,"Dang it Aiden! You scared me!"

He comes up kissing my mark. Making me shiver,"I'm sorry bunny."

Bunny. I really like this nickname this going on here.

He sits on the bed, me sitting on his knee,"So, babe, the Bloodmoon pack is meeting us in about an our. You and Alpha Ashton will decide what is best for our two packs. You will be in a private room. But the two Betas will be with you to help with the decision," He explains.

I nod in understanding.

I hear someone outside.

I look up as Jason walks in on me and Aiden. Instantly he growls. I glare at him,"Not right now Jason."

He glares straight at Aiden but Aiden just shrugs,"What do you want?"

"I came to check on my little sister," he says smugly.

I roll my eyes,"You two are going to have to get along."

Jason groans and storms out of my room.

I shutter at the sudden feeling of gut wrenching terror. What the freak was that?" I question myself.

Then it happens.

I fall into blackness. I feel as if I'm never going to hit ground.

Then I hit rock. HARD rock.

I struggle to get up, my back in immense pain. I look up to see a blank field before me. There is no one here.

My heart races as I let my imagination get the best of me. Then I remember, it's just a dream.

I look out to see wolf's filing out of the forest. I hear a growl behind me. I turn my head to see James and Arlene behind me on my right. Aiden and Jason on my left. There are over a hundred werewolves behind me.

I feel the wind hit me. These aren't wolf's we are fighting. They have the sent of Death On them.

I look down to see the first wolf has solid black eyes. Suddenly there are two girls by my side. I feel as if I know them.

My heart hurts as I hear a blood curdling screech. They attack.

My pack fights back.

Then I am in a river of red stuff. I'm in wolf form.

The red liquid is sticking to my fur. I find land. My body hurts. I feel as if I've failed. As if I've hurt everyone. I look up to see my entire pack, they are like lifeless body's of fur.

I smell my coat, blood.

I then hear the scariest words of my life.

If you fail, your pack and werewolf kind goes under. If you prevail, the werewolf kind continues in harmony.

Then I hear Aiden's voice echoing my name,"Grace!"

I look and I don't see anything. I run, but still nothing. I continue to hear him. Then the ground begins to shake, caving in underneath my body,

I screech as I fall, just to be jolted awake by Aiden.

I see I'm in the room that I was in before. James is standing there, horrified. Arlene is paled and frozen.

I look at Aiden. He's pale and horror has filed his eyes.

I look up,"What happened?" I whisper.

Aiden looks me dead in the eyes, his wide as if he saw a ghost,"You suddenly went limp in my arms, but your eyes were open. So I called them up here. But then you started screeching and withering all over the place. You had the look of horror all over your face."

Oh God. What is happening to me? My head nods.

I look at James,"Let's go to that meeting and forget this."

He nods, still a little stunned.

They all three nod.

I look at Aiden, giving him a kiss on the cheek before standing and giving him a curt nod.

I walk away, cutting off all connections.

I hear a small voice whisper in the back of my mind, me and Alice are stunned, scared, and horrified by what it says.

This is only the beginning.