Breathe

Grace's P.O.V.

Breathe.

Its like I can't breathe, I'm suffocating. My heart is clenching inside my chest as I see the love my life lay on the hospital bed, beaten and battered.

Aiden has been in a coma for the past three weeks. He hit his head on the tree, making him black out.

The doctor says he has a 50/50 chance of making it out.

You'd think after a few days I'd be a little bit better at talking to him with his eyes closed, but truthfully, even after a few weeks, I cry every time I see him. Cause I know, it's my fault he's here.

I have gotten to meet his family, they came in from the Fullmoon pack, to see Aiden.

His mother, Christina, doesn't blame me at all for what's happened. She even comforts me, and I comfort her, at our worst moments.

His dad, Joey, on the other hand, blames me. Every time Joey sees me, You can see his eyes Go ablaze and every time Joey tries to talk to me, it's like he's hissing at me.

Alana, his little sister whom is 14, came in, and we instantly clicked. The past week we've been going out to eat with Christina while Joey stays back to watch Aiden.

Elegance has been with me through it all. Her little blue eyes sparkling all the way. She now has a little tuff of white hair on the top of her head.

But right now, I'm sitting in Aiden's hospital room, waiting on the test results to see if Aiden has healed correctly. He had two ribs broken, and they thought he may have a collapsed lung.

I shiver, my body tense.

The door slowly opens and Alana comes in with the doctor, a sad look on her face.

I look over at the Doctor,"So?"

"He's fine now. But his head hasn't healed quite yet, for a werewolf that isn't a good sign. I'm afraid he has a even lower chance of making it out of this Coma," he states, a sympathetic look on his face,"I'm sorry Alpha Grace."

I let the tears stream down my face, Alana is by my side, rubbing my back, but I just block out the world.

My head pounds, and body aches from lack of sleep and food.

I sob harder, holding Aiden's hand as I cry into the sheets. I pray for a miracle, that somehow, Aiden will make it out, against all odds.

I look up to see a sorrow filled Christina,"Let's go out to eat. We need to get our minds off all of this."

I nod, agreeing, even though I don't want to leave my sleeping mate.

I look at Aiden's face, his closed eyes, his pink lips forming a line. I pray that I will me able to see his green eyes again. See his black wolf frame galloping along side mine once again. That maybe, my tears will work a miracle, and maybe he'll just wake up, and smile at me.

But I look at him again, he's still and pale.

He almost looks dead.

I shake my head and stand, following the others in silence. Elly is already strapped into her car seat when I get into Aiden's favorite truck.

I smile, seeing the radio still on that country station where Aiden left it.

I sing along to the lyrics as we ride down the road to the old restaurant,
"I want to breath like a vapor,
I want to be the one you remember,
I want to feel your love like the weather.
All over me, all over me.
I want to print our hands in the pavement,
Savoring your words, I won't ever waste them
Look in your eyes and know just what you meant,
So lie to me, just lie to me."

Christina stares at me, before busting into laughter, I chuckle as well. Man it's been since the day of the war, since I last laughed.

"I know, I sound fabulous," I say, flipping my hair.

Alana snorts,"A fabulous mammoth."

I chuckle, before pulling into the restaurant and getting out.

As we walk through the glass doors, I notice little old couples, and couples with children, sitting all around us.

There is this one white haired woman, with hazel eyes, standing side by side a grey haired man. Both wear old ragged clothes. We stand behind them in the line.

When the elderly couple reaches the counter, they order slowly. Honestly, I wouldn't have been patient. But the young, red haired woman behind the counter, was so patient.

The woman kindly ordered, not rushing them. Alana stands there amazed, I do as well.

Christina leans over,"One day, Alana is going to understand what patience truly is. And here is the perfect example."

I smile, as the loving couple steps aside.

I'm still amazed by what happened as we order quickly, but I stay behind as the girls take off,"You truly are remarkable. Thank you."

She frowns,"For what?"

I smile, reading her name tag,"Thank you, Lucy, for showing me what patience truly is. That's just what I needed at a time like this. Show patience and all good comes."

I leave her grinning widely.

I sit down with Christina and Alana when Christina's phone rings.

Its Joey.

I can see her nerves shoot up as her foot begins to tap wildly.

"Hello? Are you serious? Okay. We'll make our stuff to go. Be There soon," she says, and hangs up.

I frown as Christina shoots up and ushers us out of the booth.

As soon as I stand, I think I should be sitting. My legs go to jelly when Christina's light green eyes look at me in pure seriousness.

"He's awake."

_________________________________________

HE IS ALIVE!!!!
I have some major issues.

But comment what you guys think so far! Love to hear your opinion!