Rejection

Intelligence P.O.V.

Rejection.

I stand with Jack in the kitchen, alone.

Finally, I have found my mate, the last one of us three, But I found him!

He gives a me sorrow filled look,"Hey, In, I just, I don't know about having a mate."

My heart stops beating. Wait a minute. So the blissful moment we just had, is going to waste? "What?" I whisper.

Jack sighs, looking down,"I'm sorry, I'm just not ready. I'm only eighteen."

I frown,"And I'm Seventeen, so what?"

He growls,"Don't you understand?! I don't want you!"

I stop. My entire body freezes. Rejection? Is this what that feel a like? The pain that suddenly goes through my body is so painful.

Jack sighs,"I, Jack, formally reject-"

I cut him off before he can finish it, with a hoarse voice filled with unshed tears,"I get it. I'll leave you alone."

I walk away, the tears streaming down my face. I walk into my small room made for two, but is filled with one.

I slam the door, locking it before banging on it with all my strength, my heart is squeezing inside of My chest as I pour the hurt out.

I stop pounding on the door before I sink to the ground.

My sobs have turned into small sniffles, then I think, This is what rejection is. I've heard- but my thoughts are interrupted when I feel something trickle down my arm.

I look down to see a cut on my arm. Then I look at the spot next to it, forming a cut with my eyes. I'm not even doing anything, but I let the metallic liquid trickle down my arm in glee.

It's weird, but the pain felt good. My heart clenches as I think about Jack again, forming fresh cuts on my other wrist.

I hear banging on the door,"Grace! I smell blood!" I hear Jack's brother, James yell.

That just makes me want to cut more. My body aches all over. I hear a banging on the door behind me. I crawl into the small bed, leaving a blood trail.

Aiden shouts behind the door,"In! Open the door! If you don't I'm busting in!"

I hear shuffling behind it and Grace whispers,"You big idiot, your making it worse!"

I laugh, stopping my cutting to listen to them.

They suddenly stop, Beauty begins to talk,"In. You remember when I told you about how I used to cut. How it felt so good, I was wrong. I don't know what happened, but I smell blood, and you better not be doing that."

I chuckle, whispering, knowing they will be able to hear,"But it does feel good. I thought you of all people would understand rejection," I say.

I hear skin hitting skin before Grace is screaming,"You freaking idiot! I should pound you six feet under!"

Aiden uses a soft voice,"Grace, you already broke Jack's nose, just leave the moron be."

"Yeah, leave me-"Jack starts.

I cut him off when I cry out, a surging pain going though me as I hear his voice.

My heart squeezes, and my stomach lurches.

Suddenly the door is being knocked down by Grace.

I look up, wanting to shrink into the bed.

Beauty is the first to me,"Where is the knife?"

I smile,"I didn't use a knife."

She frowns,"Wha?"

But I stare down at my arm as I form the fifth cut.

They all gasp, trying to get me to stop, But I silence them with a simple hush,"Quiet-" but I'm cut off when Dalai hobbles in with a pale look on his face, but is calming himself.

He hands me a fizzy drink, but I eye it,"What is it?"

Dalai waves his hand,"Drink it so you will heal and we can talk," he says.

I frown, but drink it anyways. My cuts go away and my blood is sucked into my arm.

I frown, my stress relief is gone.

Suddenly I'm surrounded by an all too familiar scent,"I'm sorry. I was wrong, forgive me? Be my mate?" Jack bombards me with apologies, and suddenly, I feel as if a weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

I smile, curling into his warm body. I hear a sigh of relief,"Thank God."

I shrug,"Your going to have to work to earn my trust."

Jack nods vigorously.

Dalai coughs, catching everyone's attention,"I've got some bad, but good news."

I frown,"What?"

"There is a fourth Crystal heart."

We all gap at him,"What?" Grace whispers.

Suddenly there is a small, petite figure in the room. Her hair looks like a silver coin. She has light grey eyes and is wearing a t-shirt with ripped jeans and combat boots. There are scars all over her along with a few tattoos.

Grace frowns,"Who are you?"

The girls voice is hoarse,"The fourth Crystal."

Beauty smiles,"You understand me."

The girl nods,"Yeah. I went through your experience."

I frown,"What's your name?"

She gives me blunt but explaining answer.

"Silence."

_________________________________________

Okay so this one is a bit short, but filled with drama.

Ha, I ain't that dramatic (lies. All lies.)