Locked In

dan and phil seem to find themselves trapped in their office after filming a gaming video

--

"hello dan and phil games robots!" phil greets to the camera with a wave and smile.
the two men were filming their first video on the gaming channel of 2016 and were ecstatic. they were going to be playing the game undertale.

for the start of the new year, they both wanted to try something new. the video was going to be over an hour long!

*~*

dans pov:

later that day we had finally finished filming.
"undertale is pretty cool! i think we nailed the voices as well!" giggled phil, as i nod in agreement.

i grab my cellphone from the desk and head for the door of the office, slightly confused to why it was closed. it's usually always left open as we never really have a reason for it to be fully shut.
when the nob is in my grip i twist my hand to turn it open but to no avail. it's stuck.

panic rushes through me as i try again, then again...no use.
I let go of the doorknob and turn my body around to face phil, who was sat on the sofa bed.
"did you close the door?" i ask, trying to keep calm.
phil nods.
how is he so calm?
does he not realize we could be trapped in here?
"why?" he asks, flicking his fringe out of his eyes and standing to his feet.
"i can't get the door open," i say exasperated, trying to be quiet.

"let me try," says my older friend. i let him walk past me and face the door.
he wiggles the knob, attempting to loosen it up, but it's no use. it's jammed. meaning we were stuck in here and that was that.

"oh this is just great, isn't it?" i groan dramatically.
"we're stuck in here, and the only way out is the freaking window!" i add and gaze out of the window, noticing the long drop to the ground.

i've always hated being in tiny places when i was younger and i guess i still do.
i run my hand through my hair in a attempt to calm myself. for phils sake. although im still infuriated with him.

"why did you close the door, phil? it's never closed!" i shout.
he just remains quiet, but let's out a sigh.

i just realized what i did and apologized immediately.
"im sorry for yelling at you phil. i didn't mean it. i guess i'm just freaking out a little as i hate small spaces and i really need to pee." i put my hand on his shoulder and squeeze it gently, he smiles at me in return.
"it's alright," he replies with.

*~*

phils pov:

we had managed to call the fire brigade and alert them of our problem and they were on their way here. but for some reason they were taking an abnormally long time. i didn't mind that much, but i wasn't so sure about dan.

dan and i were sat at the computer, watching youtube videos. we have been for about 20 minutes. my younger friends head was resting against my shoulder.
he was so cute, i hope he knew.
once the video ended, i had decided to exit out of youtube and shut off the computer.
"dan?" i said softly.
"hm?" he mumbled, cuddling into my side.
"you're really cute."
he pouts, his coffee coloured eyes meeting mine. he scoffs.
"if anyone here is cute it's you, phil lester," he smirks.
i just smile and shake my head in dismay.

authors pov:

whether it was the spur of the moment, or the pairs feelings for the other spilling out of them, it was too late to identify which one it was.

the two had their lips pressed together in a soft and sweet kiss. dans hands rested on phils shoulders and phils hands cupped dans cheeks, bringing him close. there they were, sat in the very two chairs in the very room they film gaming videos in. they just loved being together..in each other's presence.
as they pulled apart, pecking each other one last time, dan had learned something. something that had never even occurred to him until now.

dan smiled, his dimple on display.
"spork," mumbled phil, also smiling.

dan sighed.
"i think i actually learned something from this whole experience of being locked in here with you..i really shouldn't take my time for granted with you phil. all those years ago it was dream to meet you. as soppy as it is, you were and still are my love. i don't want that to change. anything could happen to you or me. a meteor could crash from the sky and kill one or both of us! i kind of did overact when wanting to get out of the room and i am sorry, again. every moment i spend with you phil lester, is kind of like stargazing, but i have your eyes to get lost in; they are so much more magnificent & pure. the stars are precious and we rely on them to guide us home...what im trying to say is that you make me feel at home, phil. you comfort me, and have been my shoulder to cry on and i owe my joy to you. thank you."

dan gazed longingly at phil. it was insane to think that phil held all of the answers to dans trust and love just in his mind. the silence was almost deafening, the brunette needed phils words.

"dan i-" phils voice cracked and tears spilled from his sapphire eyes.

dan had thought he said something wrong. panic shot through his body like a spear. but phils tears weren't of uninterest, they were form love; true, overwhelming, requited love.

phil pulled the younger one into his arms and hugged him tight.
"that was so sweet of you dan. im so happy to have been able to help you..it makes me feel proud. and i think i love you too.."

dan smiles. he smiled with all the love & care he could muster up into a facial expression.

and that's when the fire bregade showed up.

--

that was pretty crap, im sorry ._.

this was in my saved for about a week now, so i decided to finish it!
i hope you all like it & i hope you have a wonderful day/night :) ☀️🌌

i love you all xx