Chapter 5 - Hard boy

"So let me get this straight. Your Alpha is from Brazil?"

"Yes, Luna"

"And he's come to the United States to conquer what? Territory?"

The man took a step back, almost as if he was afraid of looking at me. But that only made me more curious to let my eyes rest as he squirmed. "He has freedom in his country, but he do not want to be Alpha of his father's pack, he do not share the commoners thoughts, so to speak. He is in America to look for his mate and to create a pack based on what he believes. He is a strong leader, my Luna" 

Just another high shot, I see. Came here to make it big and now his little spies are getting caught in a web of not enough knowledge. Before I could utter another sentence, the screams were getting louder and louder inside the cells. Inappropriate words slipped out of these sailors mouths and to tell the truth, it wasn't pretty.

I nodded at the translator and grabbed the cap of my hoodie and pulled it over my head. "Is he a harm to my family? To this pack?" 

The translator frowned and glanced around the cells were men had been torn down to mere humans. "He is a danger to all

My head nodded, but my mind didn't follow. There was a new Alpha that could be a possible danger to my pack. I needed to reason with this Alpha. Tell him to give America up, because there was already an Alpha here. We needed no rivalry. 

"You listen to me," I said to him, even through the screams of the lycans around me, he would hear me. I kept my voice clear, this was no one else's business, this was between us. "If this Alpha is a possible threat to my pack, I will not hesitate to tell my father, the Alpha of the biggest pack in America, and my brother, the next in line. Do you understand me?" 

His head was held low, he had submitted to me. "Yes, Luna"

I heard one of the bad mouthed sailors from farther away, screaming directly at the translator. "Hey, what are you doing, man? She's just a gal! Big ass, though, can you see that, Jimmy?" 

"Come here pretty baby! Let me give you a show" 

"Oh, right between the tits, that's right, darling! Come here and let me fuck that sweet ass that look so good from behind" 

My growls would identify my wolf. But lucky for me, I had gotten used to these comments. In a pack of horny lycans, this was the typical things you'd hear. Every girl was treated like this, this was our society, even as an Alpha's daughter. I had grown a thick shell in these years. 

"I will be back" was my last words before I disappeared into the shadows as if I'd never been there. 

***

Days had gone and it was now Wednesday. There were only two other lessons before the day ended and I needed to relieve my wolf. I hadn't been out running in a long time. The feeling was similar to someone trying to scratch their way out from the inside on your body. It was tugging my sleeve like a little toddler that wanted an ice cream but had diabetes. Or like a fly that kept flying around your ear right when you're about to sleep. 

The feeling wasn't important, what was important was the fact that I felt it, so this day had to end so I could shift and run outside. Maybe I'd even do so much and say I felt sick so I could run for a couple of days straight. It sounded like heaven. 

"Daisy May?" Zante asked beside me as I brought things out from my locker. "Yeah, Zante?" I said without giving him a glance. My bag was full of books by now. I had to bring several home in case I stayed home for these two remaining days.