Chapter 6 - South

WARNING: a little bit of sexual content down below as well as cursing. In some cases, there will be a summary to read in the end, instead of the detailed version, if you would rather have it that way. 

***

I had been running for at least two days now. It was Friday today which meant that Scar had been covering for me for too long. Sure, I was pretending to be sick and all but my parents would find out eventually if I didn't return back. Maybe I could say I met a boy from a different territory and that we fell hopelessly in love but I knew they wouldn't believe me. 

First, I thought that the mountains would be a good idea to run in, but there was a conflict there with our pack and the council, they were strict about not letting us into their mountains and unmarked territory, afraid that we would claim it of course. So, why did I know this? Well, I was great at eavesdropping. 

So I travelled south instead. Mainly to let my wolf run free but also to keep a check on the new pack that was forming south of our borders. 

But as I approached the location of the newly formed pack, I detected a scent. It smelled like a rare one. Perhaps it was just another foreign scent to detect for my recently found trait of smelling. Did that make sense? I detected two scents, they were not from my pack, that was all I knew. The forest wasn't as thick as it was in my father's territory, but it was dense enough to let me blend into the environment. Two men were patrolling through the area. I made no sound and stepped several feet away from them. This meant that these were their borders then. They were guarding their territory and it was expanding, that was what the prisoner, or the translator, had said. They were going to expand their territory and they'll start with war against our pack. Against my pack. 

I hurried away from the two men to get back to my car. But before I left the scene, one of them glanced at my direction only to realize that there was someone there. "Hey!" he shouted at me and I started running away from them on instinct. My heart was beating out of my chest and crazy ideas ran through my head. My big loose sweater was constricting me from running as fast as I would have liked. I ran through tall grass until I stopped in an open area where I had parked my jeep. 

I brought my keys from my pocket quickly and jumped into my jeep, hitting the pedal only to make my tires screech to a halt when a wolf ran in front of the road. I let out a gasp as my foot landed on the break. The idea was so intense, this whole scenario was crazy. Why did I go here? To an unknown territory where I was no one? Where I had no title to defend myself with? 

The wolf was grey and at a normal size, just like the typical lycan. But his friend behind him was slightly bigger, and he had a red shade in his fur, almost like a reflection from the sun. They growled at me slightly. One of them, the bigger one, meaning the one higher in rank, shifted into human. He had blonde, slightly red hair that, just like the fur of his wolf, reflected in the sun. He was olive skinned and he was built quite lean for a lycan in high rank. But he looked quite strong still. No lycan was pale, but these two lycans had slightly darker skin, they had a light brown glow to them. 

He jumped up on the vehicle and I gasped as my hands held themselves out to comfort myself, believing in safety. "We're not going to hurt you," he said with that accent I wasn't familiar with. They were from south of America and I had never been outside of the north. "Why do you run from us? You cannot hide from lycans, little girl" 

I decided to play the innocent little girl. If I fought back, I'd probably be raped and left for dead before I could utter other sarcastic words. "I-I'm sorry. I'm not from here, I'm actually out on a road trip, just stopping by. Sorry to bother you but I should probably drive back now"