Chapter 4 - We're going down

Zante was hella mad. But I didn't care for him at the moment, I was in bigger shit than he was, he had his feelings to take care of while I was sinking to the bottom of a bottomless pit. What? I was just outside my father's office and I was just about to knock when I heard his voice on the other side of the door. He was alone.

So I stepped inside, my father didn't look up, he was too busy with the stack of papers on his desk and his laptop beside him. I took a seat in front of him, putting me feet on the desk. 

He didn't look up. "Get your dirty feet off the table. Now

"Well, I had to do something to get your attention" I muttered and put down my feet. They weren't dirty, I kept my feet super clean and sparkled, covered in glitter, but my Adidas weren't that clean, though. But eh, it wasn't my problem to solve. 

"I wanted to talk to you about the lycan we captured last night. Nolan said that you saw him before anyone else did. May I ask how?"

"Does it really matter?" I hurried carefully.  "You've captured him and bish bosh, it should be fine, right?"

My father looked up with his stormy grey eyes that were a replica of my own. "Daisy," he said in his serious tone, actually, the only tone he had. "Did you know about the lycan beforehand? Did someone tell you?"

Was this the time to tell him? Tell him that I was a lycan and that I could sense the person hiding in the  trees? But, how come no one else could? Was it because they were too focused on the speech and everything already? I was so bored that I was looking for a distraction, maybe it was easier for me to notice him then.

"Daisy, you've been off for weeks now! What is going on with you? Are you taking drugs?"

I sighed and rolled my eyes. "Look, I don't have any problems other than you and mom bugging the hell out of me. So what if I saw some dude in the forest? He was practically standing in front of me anyway"

My father didn't look pleased. But he had been tired for years now. I don't think he wanted kids to begin with. Too many people to care for, perhaps. 

After the talk to my father I headed back to my room. It was really late and I knew that he wanted me well rested for the weeks to come when our house would be packed with young lycan boys looking for their mate. Even though it sounded so incredibly stereotypical, I didn't want a mate because... they're too clingy. You can't take a shit in peace before they storm in to check on you, you can't spend a moment alone because you are always where they are. 

I didn't really want a family like that. To be so dependent on someone that if my mate would leave me, only a second, I'd feel a piece of myself missing. nNo thank you. I had been independent and dominant all my life and I was not going looking for a mate soon.

Well back in my room, I dressed in skin tight black clothes. Dark running pants, a tight hoodie with a burgundy cap and good Nike shoes to run in. I was going to check up on this guy that my father's men caught. I wanted to know everything. Where did he come from? Why was he here? Why was he just standing there, was he listening? I needed answers. And I needed them now. Whether my father liked it or not. 

I knew where they kept the prisoners, they were way out in the forest underground. Lycans didn't like being underground, we were made to be outside and run free so the punishment of being in a small, tight cell when lycans are so enormous and under the forest floor was not only mentally difficult. The farther I went into the forest, the more excited I became. I loved adventure and mysterious ever since I was a kid, it was why I lived. There was a guard just in front of me but I hid behind a tree. Of course I wasn't going to hurt him but I had to get to the prisoner. The guard could probably sniff me out anyway.