Chapter 13 - Dicks and punches

"I can't believe that Alpha Daviau is leaving," Scar said with a deep sigh. "He is so incredibly hot, Daisy. Even you know it, even though you're currently deep down in Zante's dic-"

"Yeah, yeah," I said and put my legs in the air. "But no more of that, feel my legs, they're so soft"

Scar pushed me away from her. "I've never felt like this before," she sighed. "We had a couple of moments and we haven't talked a lot, I know, but I can feel it. He's not my mate, but that doesn't matter, does it? Maybe I don't have one"

I sighed and put my smooth legs away. "You just broke up with Zack," I said. "You're just afraid of being alone and that's cool, I mean, a lot of people are"

Scar sat down beside me quietly, in deep thought. Scarlett was a hopeless romantic and dreaded being alone, she was the  complete and utter opposite of me. She felt my legs. "Oh," she said. "They're so soft. What lotion do you use?"

"Eh, shower gel?"

The door suddenly opened up and in stepped Darren and Zante. My inner voice couldn't help but sigh. "What's up, sis" Darren said and grabbed Scar's diary on her desk. "Hey!" She growled and got up to hit him with it.

"So what are you two girls up to, braiding hair and touching each other?" Darren said.

"Oh my god, Darren!" Scar exclaimed. "You're such a dick sometimes"

Quietly I watched them interfere with each other. Scar hated her brother, more than life itself. But he seemed to have made it his life mission to destroy whatever was left of their relationship, along with their parent's patience. Scar's parents were often away, either at the pack house or out of town, their dad worked a lot with international relations, meaning he got off his ass and left this town every now and then. Honestly, I knew nothing of their work, so instead of trying to act like it, I ignored it.

"How you've been feeling?" Zante asked me as Scar and Darren fought till their death on the floor. "Eh," I said. "I think this illness is getting the best of me"

"So," he said. "You don't think you'll make it to the cabin this weekend?"

I hadn't really thought about it, to be honest. I would never tell Zante that because I knew it meant a lot to him, it was obvious to me because he started sweating, his hair falling over his eyes and he didn't even bother looking at me, just at his hands in his lap.

I had no idea how the girl never saw that her typical best friend was in love with her. It was a strange thing to me. When boys liked a girl, they went crazy for her. At least lycans did.

"Zante, we need to talk-"

Darren interrupted us before I had time to finish. "I'm getting bored, man. Let's head out to the party already"

"We're going to a party," Zante said. "Well, Darren is dragging me there"

"Huh" I nodded. The excitement in me fired up and I realized I needed something. I needed some time alone with alcohol, to really let loose and not think about everything that's happened. "Can I come?" I asked them sweetly.  

Zante looked a little taken back but Darren shook his head. "This isn't anything for girls," he sneered. "This is a men's night out. You wouldn't like it anyway"

Man night out, huh. They were boys. "I beg do differ," I growled back. "I'm sure I'll be just fine"

"If you really want to be that stubborn then I can't stop you. But I won't carry you out when you pass out" Darren grinned evilly.

It turned out that Darren might have been right although I had never thought it to be true, it was an urban legend really. But after getting ready from being makeup free with braids and pyjamas to a short blue dress, lipstick and loose waves, I hurried downstairs to the car. "Sure you don't want to come?" I asked Scar. She sighed and stretched out. "I think I'm just going to have a early night. Call me if you want me to pick you up"