Chapter 18 - Alpha First

My mate led me back to his room, his temporary, small room. It felt crowded in here I felt as I looked around. The air was stuffy and warm and the bed was just big enough for him. I felt bad as I thought about the privilege I had gotten used back home. A bed the size of this room, and a chamber bigger than all my friends.

"The mating ceremony will start in a few hours," he told me, much to my grunts and widen eyes. "I know it is very short notice, but the pack will need us to be strong. They need to know you are on our side"

"But I'm not" I stated with crossed arms and an annoyed grunt. His body language was strict, professional, like he was speaking to someone in his pack, a mere randomer. "You will get ready with the help of some maids I have sent for you. And do not even dare to escape, postpone or ruin this ceremony"

He spoke with not only harsh words, but bitter and strident eyes. His mouth ready to growl, his hands ready to grab me and convince me of his words. I couldn't look at him any longer. I turned around with shame on my shoulders and in fear my heart. I knew that if we would mate I would be carrying his child soon after. Even though my body had just turned 18, my soul was older than his. I wanted to say I felt wise with my years, but all I had ever put time into was party and alcohol. But I also knew that if I went through with this mating ceremony, I could never turn away from my mate. In my pack, meeting your mate had been way too glorified. All girls had to make sure they were perfect for their mate, and it was her duty to find him, to let him inside her heart and body. But I wasn't like them. I would never be.

"I will not," I said with my back turned to him. "I know we have a bond between us, but the connection we feel has no real feelings. This is your duty as an Alpha," Turning around to meet his gaze, I fixed my strength on my language and the fixation of being calm. "The moon goddess sometimes makes mistakes, and I believe this is one of them. How else could she have let us two be mates? I mean look at this, I'm the daughter of your enemy, and a mating ceremony won't change that. My father is the person that raised me. And I am always on his side"

His mind seemed blurred, with his face scrunched up into something vile. Fists tight against his side, the man began to boil. "You will obey me!" he growled. "This is not a matter of convincing, this is tradition. The moon goddess makes no mistakes. You were made for me. That is the way it has been for generations, that is the way it will always be"

Licking my lips, my eyes became teary. "So what will happen?"

"You will get ready like a good little girl," he said, walking slowly towards me. "You will be told the procedure. If you behave well enough... then you will enjoy tonight". With his breath on my face, creating goosebumps and making my stomach tingle, he said, "Tonight I will feast upon you. And you will revel in it. I do not understand why girls have so much against their mate. It is in your nature to be dominated, tamed. I understand you are an odd one. But I will make sure you are ready. When the time comes, you will be down on your knees willingly, begging for my attention"

Even though his words made my head filled with fumes and anger, my body responded to his eagerness to control. My body was soft, weak, wanted him to touch me and surrender to his desires. He was older than me, I would usually think that would make him wiser, but I knew now that most men, all lycans I've ever met... were all dominant assholes who craved control, control over things that was not theirs. "If you do this one favor for me," I stated. "Then I will not run away, I won't cause a hassle"

"Cause a hassle?" he snorted, his brown eyes turning darker. "Why would you even need to say that? You will do as I say or you will be punished. That is what goes. I will not let my pack see me as a weak wolf trying to sooth his disoriented mate. I am Alpha first. Mate second."