Chapter 12 - Dirty Words

Aidan calls the other men away, saying harshly; "Continue patrolling, then return to Alpha Warner for the regular checkup"

I didn't  care if they saw me cry. Not this time. I used to be so caught up in the idea of not letting anyone see me cry but they all think I'm human, so what of it? Who cares if a female cries? Lycans often liked it, as some sort of sign to them that they were needed. Aidan hugged me on the road and even though I know his mate wouldn't like it, I still know him as my uncle, and I knew he'd protect me. He had no daughters of his own, only sons, so I was a special case.

"Are you okay?" he asked when the others were gone. "Have you been hurt?"

Only inside. "No, I'm okay," I said as he nodded, rubbing my back slightly. "But there's women left back there, and children. We need to go get them before it's too late"

Aidan helped me inside the car because I was truly exhausted by all the running and the energy-draining emotions. "We know who's there," he said. "Over 40 percent of our women and children are gone and around 10 percent of our lycans are either dead or recruited"

I sit quietly for the rest of the ride home, looking out the window and almost fall sleep when we get to the palace. Standing there I see Lillian, Aidan's mate. She's so pretty. Flowers in her hair and an eggshell coloured dress with a baby in her arms. Their fourth son. They just couldn't keep their hands off each other, could they.

Beside Lilly, I saw my mother and my father. My father looked angry as heck but my mother embraces me as Aidan opened up my car door.

"Oh, my daughter" she says as she hugs me for dear life, her hands intertwined in my hair. "It's okay, mom" I say and she kissed my forehead. My father stood beside her and he grabbed me too, embracing me in a hug. Even though he was the Alpha and was tall and stiff and boring, he still hugged the life out of me, whispering things in my ear. "We were so worried. Your mother couldn't sleep. We've missed you, Daies"

"I've missed you too" I said with tears in my eyes as he kissed my forehead where my mother had left a peck.

Lilly came to hug me too and I appreciated it. Behind them, coming from the forest, I saw Zante and Scar run. Scar couldn't keep up with Zante's fast pace, so she ran behind, screaming bloody murder towards him.

As Zante came up towards me, he grabbed my thighs and picked me up in his arms. He didn't  say anything, he just closed his eyes and hugged me. Even though it felt wrong to be in another man's arms, I still didn't force him to let me down, I had missed him too.

He kissed my cheek twice, before setting me down on the ground. I hugged Scar and the rest of the people who followed them, leaving Darren behind, looking confused and hug less.

After a few hours at home, catching up with Scar, and letting Zante kiss and hug me more, my father called me to his office. Zante followed me there, afraid I'd get kidnapped or abducted on the way, perchance. When we passed by a bathroom, he grabbed my hand and pushed me inside.

"What are you doing?" I asked as he locked the door. "I need to go to my father"

"I know, I know" he murmured in my hair and I felt bad. I shouldn't lead him on. But as the thought came, it imprinted in my mind. If Zante was to fuck me, my mate would feel it too, and he'd be in agony. I bit my lip till I tasted blood.

Zante touched my lip and was astonished before he cleaned it up for me with a wet towel. "I've missed you," he said when the blood stopped oozing out of my lower lip. "I want to take you again. We were talking about the cabin, yeah? I have it now, it's a slight walk but it will be worth it, I promise"