Chapter 22 - Wet Dreams

LOOK OUT FOR THIS CHAPTER IS NAUGHTY. You have been warned. But you should probably know that by now. 

***

We had arrived at the safe location a few nights ago, and my heat was making me go crazy. We were in the underground cellar of a house in the suburbs of... Maine? I didn't know where we were, maybe east of our pack. I didn't know the location, and neither did any of the women and children here, to keep them safe, they had to know nothing. Including myself. 

It seemed like Alec kept a low profile around the women here, and also my mother. I had to figure out what happened between them. Did they have a relationship that my dad got in the middle of by being mates with my mother? Maybe. But how come she held so much wrath for him at this point still? He didn't feel hatred towards her, that's for sure. My mother refused to tell me the story, said that he was an evil man. But what good did that do? All men could be evil by that point. There were no men around so far. But it didn't seem like the women and children had any idea who Alec was. When I asked some of them about him, they only said he was a stranger to them. 

It was very crowded in the cellar we were in. It was cozy at first, but sleeping beside children of all ages were beginning to take a toll on me. Their screams, smells and... everything about them really, made me gag. When I tried to talk with my mother, she only said it was our duty as Lunas to help our people.

"Alec," I said and grabbed a hold of his arm. He was so warm, I could feel the heat of his skin pressed against mine. He looked down at my hand on his bicep. "Yes?" he said, clearing his throat and clenching his jaw. "You sleep upstairs, right?" I asked.

He nodded suspiciously. "Why?" 

"I need to get away," I said and looked around. "I know being a Luna is great and all, but I need a night for myself, so, please, can I sleep in your room? I can sleep on the floor, but I need some time to myself so I can breathe" 

He hesitated for a moment. "I'd happily share my room, Daisy May, but I don't think your mother would approve"

"What she doesn't know won't hurt her, right?" 

He looked at me closely. After a while of giving him the puppy eyes, he rolled his eyes in defeat. "Fine. It's the first room to the right. You can sleep on the right side of the bed" 

"Thank you! You won't regret it" 

The children had gone to bed, and my mother had given me a goodnight kiss before returning to some of the children that needed help with reading stories before bed. All women of the pack weren't here, this location was good for some, but others needed medical attention and they could only get that at some safe places. We had several sanctuaries, one in Maine, which I was aware of, and some spread around in Canada I believed. I walked up the stairs after my mother had left the room. The chambers to the right had its door slightly ajar, so when I pushed it open, I could see Alec taking his t-shirt off. 

"Oh, sorry" I said and turned my head away. He chuckled and told me to put my things on the stool in the corner. My heat was making me see double, on one side, he was a relative of mine that was a very bad man, but on the other hand... no, I couldn't think like that. 

He didn't put on a t-shirt after. But he took off his pants. "Hey," I said and looked away. "You're not allowed to sleep naked if I'm in here" 

"Well, it was you who wanted to come. Aren't you supposed to adapt to my rules?" 

I grabbed my sleeping jumper from my bag. "Good point" 

He made the bed and I looked at him. It wasn't such a big deal sleeping in the same bed, right? No, I knew I could trust Alec. He knew I was a lycan and he hadn't told anyone. Plus, he saved me from Tade and his pack. "Hey Alec," I said. He acknowledged me. "What happened to you and my mom?"