Chapter 9 - The Old Ways

It smelled like rotten shit down in these parts of town. 

Not literally. We were far from home and long gone from our territory. Our lives proved meaningless when the lycans threw us in their beds and in their cells. We were to be trained, they said. We're following the old ways now. I had been left in a cell to rot, along with at least fifteen other women. We were the ones that didn't follow their rules. The ones who fought and bit and screamed. We weren't appreciated here.

A guard always stood by the door and they changed their position once every hour. I knew, I counted.

The cells were actually pretty nice, for cells. I knew how we kept the cells in our territory, they were dirty and stinky and disgusting but here we had a clean bed with nice white sheets and dark red blankets. I knew what these cells were made for. These cells were made for women, they were made so lycans could go inside and have their fun and leave the girl behind. The beds were only nice because it was used by lycans. I shared my cell with two other women.

They had been touched twice, each of them. But the guards never once laid an eye on me, they ignored me. I shouted and yelled for at least ten minutes and they couldn't care less of it. What had happened all of a sudden? The lycans had suddenly commenced to a ritual of ignoring me, the complete contrast to the past 18 years I had lived.

"I demand to speak to someone in charge!" I growled angrily out to a guard who were just about to open the cell to take another girl. He glanced at me swiftly before he pulled a girl down onto the bed. "Didn't you hear me?" I questioned with as much authority as I could manage. "I want to speak with your alpha"

The man didn't seem to speak English. I tried to form the words differently, with different accents and different gestures but it seemed like he didn't know what I was talking about. Once he had groped a girl behind me, another guard opened up the door to keep everything in check. The lycan that came looked at me swiftly before his eyes glanced to any other place. "The alpha will be here soon" he said with that thick accent that dripped of foreign feelings.

They weren't that great at English, even though I understood where they came from. It was just a bit hard to communicate with these kidnappers because they didn't understand a thing I said so the situation was difficult. I sat down in a corner angrily. "Fucking stupid lycans who don't understand a thing"

The guards made sure that I ate, that I got as much water as I wanted and they always provided me with a clean bed to sleep in. I was both perplexed and apprehensive by the situation because all I could think about was this new formed disunion and what they wanted with me. I knew why they wanted these other women, but they hadn't laid a hand on me, they had only proved me wrong when they came into my cell and left food when I thought they'd grope and touch and all that stuff women (who grow up in packs, but also outside them) have to go through.

One after one, the women slowly stopped to fight. Their riot began to look like fidgeting till there was nothing but obedience pouring out from their soul. I couldn't do a thing about it because I was in here, now alone after the two women were taken, and there was no one for me to save or care about. But after eternity, I saw a light at the end of the tunnel. A guard who had watched me sleep (even though I only pretended to) had opened up my cell door, but left it slightly ajar, so that I could just about to escape. I didn't know anything outside these walls, but I knew that they didn't want to hurt me and I took faith in my action as I sprung across the cell and hit the guards head hard with my elbow.

When he was laying on the floor passed out, I knew I had just about twenty minutes to escape, another guard would check up on the situation every hour so I had to act quickly. As I grabbed the keys of the guard, a thought came to mind. I had to leave and then return with help, because who could be so ruthless to leave these women here in the arms of rapists and murderers, the people who took the lives of our own pack members?