This Means War!- Chapter 2

Chapter 2

This Means War!

            Aris sat at the Gryffindor table during the sorting and feast. Her friend Lanie sat at her house table, Ravenclaw, along with Eric. Aris noticed that Harry still had not gotten to the table and the sorting was already done. Hermoine had already commented on it but Ron didn't seem too worried while he continually stuffed his face.

            Aris looked to the doors just as Draco Malfoy walked in. She seemed to be the only one who noticed and suddenly his eyes found hers. The look he shot her made her shiver slightly. He seemed so cold and angry, more so than usual if that could be possible. She knew his father had been sent to Azkaban Prison over the summer for his involvement in the assault on Harry and the death of Sirius Black. She could almost feel sorry for him if he wasn't such a git. She quickly looked away, and when she looked back it was to see Harry enter, coming down the aisle, blood covering the front of his shirt.

            Something had obviously happened to his nose and Aris had a feeling Malfoy had something to do with it.

            Just then Professor Dumbledore made a stunning announcement. They would have a new teacher for potions, Prof. Slughorn, and Snape would be taking over the Defense Against the Dark Arts class. Aris watched as the Slytherins cheered the loudest, all except Draco Malfoy, who looked off in the distance. What was wrong with him, you would have thought he'd have been celebrating also.

            When the feasting was over they all headed back to their common rooms and Aris worked on wiping Draco Malfoy from her mind. Yeah, he might be hot, but he was also the biggest jerk she knew and best forgotten.

            Classes were not going great for Aris. She had never had a problem exceling in any of her classes until this, her sixth year. And it was all because of Malfoy. She had nearly every class with him and it was becoming torture. He was never going to let her live down the stupid klutzy incident at the train station. She seemed to be his only target so far this year, making his rude comments, and enjoying making her classes a living hell.

            Aris was walking into potions that morning, trying to avoid Malfoy as she passed his table when her feet collided with something or someone and she almost hit the floor face first. Lucky for her Harry had seen her falling and quickly used his wand to stop her fall in mid-motion and then walked over to quickly help her upright.

            “You okay Aris?” he asked, concerned.

            “Yeah,” she replied, blushing with embarrassment.

            “I see you’re still klutzy as ever Donavon,” Malfoy snickered from his table, his friend Blaise Zambini and Pansy Parkinson laughing with him.

            “Bugger off, Malfoy,” Harry threatened.

            Just then Prof. Slughorn came in and they went to their seats.

            Aris's anger was in full throttle. She knew Malfoy had tripped her and she'd had enough of his evil little games, and if she didn't do something it was only going to get worse. She shot dagger looks at him all through potions and he simply looked back with a smirk on his face. Enough was enough, she couldn't let this continue. She had her free period next and she was going to put a stop to his nonsense.

            As soon as class was over she began following him at a distance. She followed him as he split off from his friends and headed towards the dungeon and the Slytherin common room. She was right upon him.

            “Malfoy,” she said, and when he turned around she hexed him quickly and he was pushed hard back into the wall. He reached for his wand, but it was too late, she had hers pressed against his neck.

            “I realize you very much enjoy getting your kicks from humiliating me, but I warn you, if you continue I will hex you into next year, and I don't give a damn if it cost me a year’s worth of detention,” she hissed, her bright green eyes sparkling with anger.

            “Is that so Donavon,” Malfoy sneered, his light silver-blue eyes shining with rage, “well, at least it's good to see you’re not the simpering little coward I took you for.”

            Aris pressed her wand into his neck, he would surely have a mark, “If it's a war you want Malfoy, then you are going to get it.”

            “You actually think you can best me,” he laughed without humor, “you don't know what your getting yourself into little girl.”

            “I'll show you little girl,” and Aris was about to hex him when a voice she dreaded interupted from down the corridor.

            “Are you threatening my student Miss Donavon,” Prof. Snape asked coldly, walking towards them.

            Aris removed her wand from Malfoys throat, but kept it pointed at him.

            “I am,” she admitted to Snape.

            “Well Miss Donavon, that will be 10 points from Gryffindor and a week’s worth of detention. My classroom, 7:00 o'clock, don't be late. Now run along to your next class,” he said eyeing her boredly.

            Aris put her wand back in her robe pocket, picked up her bag and with her head held high walked past them both.

Draco's pov

            Who did Donavon think she was? How dare she pull her wand on him, Draco thought as he walked down to his common room and flopped down on a sofa by the fire. He'd been giving her a hard time ever since the train incident. She had been so easy to mess with until today. He'd always seen her as just another filthy Gryffindor, a beautiful, quiet girl, but still a filthy Gryffindor bloodtraitor. But today she'd turned into a fierce cat, just like a lion, with her bright green eyes and long fiery mane of cinnamon red hair. He felt something deep inside. Surely he wasn't desiring his enemy, but he couldn't help remembering how good she looked and her beautiful scent standing close to him, like roses. He brought his hand up to touch the place where her wand had pressed into his throat. Amazing, he didn't think she'd had it in her, but he was definitely interested in seeing more emotion from Aris Donavon, Gryffindor or not.