Love and Betrayal- Chapter 11

Love and Betrayal

Chapter 11

            It had been a week since Aris had stormed off from Draco down by the lake, and now she was ignoring him completely, she wouldn't even look his way in classes. Draco knew he'd upset her, knew when he was saying what he did she'd probably get angry but he couldn't help it, that's what he believed. He had been raised believing that being pureblood was everything and all else was below that. But to be honest he had never had anything to do with anyone who wasn't pureblood so he really didn't care about it, he just wanted Aris back. He could feel himself falling for her, but it was more than that, it was like she was his best friend. He could talk to her about anything, well almost anything. There were a few things he knew she wouldn't understand and if she found out she'd never want to see him again.

            He waited under the stands while the Gryffindor team had quidditch practice and when they were finished he used a little magic to untie the laces on Aris's shoes.

            “Are you coming Aris?” Harry called back.

            “Yeah, I'll be right with you,” and the rest of the team left the pitch headed for Hogwarts.

            Once she leaned back up, someone was right in front of here and she jumped, her heart skipping a beat, “Damn it,” she squealed, “are you always trying to give me a heart attack?”

            “Sorry,” Draco chuckled.

            “Sure, and I guess I can blame you for my untied shoe laces,” she said perturbed.

            “Look Aris, we need to talk,” he pleaded in his nice Malfoy voice.

            “I don't know Draco. I'm not going to change my ways and you aren't either. That's going to make it very hard on us,” she said honestly. Even though she was mad at him, she still loved seeing him. It had been torture on her trying to avoid him, even if he did make her mad enough to want to beat him.

            “Look, I'm sorry,” he said softly, taking her hands in his, “I'll promise you I will not say another negative thing about the mud... I mean friends you have and we will not discuss purebloods at all. Okay?”

            She hated that he couldn't get over his dislike for anyone not pureblood, but this was a start and better than nothing. Besides she missed him too much, “Alright,” she beamed up at him and hugged him, and he returned her hug tightly.

            “I've missed you,” he whispered against her ear, sending shivers through her, “I've missed not having your eyes on me every day, not being able to touch your hand while we pass down the hall, but most of all I miss stealing these,” and he leaned down and kissed her deeply, taking her breath away. She slung to him, quidditch uniform and all.

            “I need to catch up with the others,” she said breaking up their kiss, “before they come looking for me.”

            “I know. So we'll meet in our usual place this Saturday during the Hogsmead trip,” he asked.

            “Of course we will,” and she gave him a quick kiss before taking off for the school. She turned back quickly, blew him a kiss and then she was off again.

            After Aris left Draco started for the school but a voice startled him, “Really Draco, Aris Donavon, what would your parents think,” it was Prof. Snape who stepped out of the shadows of the stands.