The Unbreakable Vow- Chapter 15

The Unbreakable Vow

Chapter 15

            Ron Weasley had been poisoned when he went with Harry to Professor Slughorn's because of a love potion gone bad. It had been the same night Aris had spent with Draco. Aris wasn't sure if he'd had anything to do with it since he'd been with her, but the poisoned drink had been intended as a gift for Professor Dumbledore.

            Aris hardly saw Draco and he paid her no mind. She had to get to him somehow but he was avoiding her. She had a feeling that Prof. Snape knew something, but first she had to speak to Draco. Again she had to sneak around and follow him.

            “You know I'm really tired of this,” she said loudly, surprising him in the empty hallway.

            “What are you doing Aris?” Draco asked frustrated.

            “What does it look like? Following you as usual,” she said smartly.

            “You got my note didn't you,” he asked her coldly, as if she was stupid.

            Aris could feel anger at him bubbling up. She couldn't help it; she grabbed him by the jacket and pushed him into the wall, “I'm tired of the bullshit Draco. I want to know what your deal is. Do you get off on constantly hurting me, because you do you know,” she said harshly and then pressed her body against his, trapping him against the wall. She brought her hands up and started running them through his hair and down to his chest. She brought her lips up to his neck, “Tell me you hate me Draco and I promise I will not bother you again. If you tell me you don't want me you will not see me again. But I will tell you this, I want you and I need you more than you know but you are breaking my heart with the way you're treating me, and I can only take so much.” Aris stopped with her hands and brought them around his waist, holding him tight, “I don't know what's going on with you, and it may be really bad but I don't care, please understand that. I know how your family and mine are, if you’re involved in something bad you can tell me.”

            She felt his arms go around her tightly, “Aris you don't understand,” Draco pleaded with her, “did it ever occur to you that I am doing this for your own good, you would be better off with someone else, even that git Potter.”

            Now she realized he was pushing her away on purpose to try and protect her. Tears were building up as Aris thought that he must really care for her if he was being so unselfish and trying to protect her. But protect her from what?

            “Draco please talk to me, tell me what's going on. You need me, I know you do. What have they got you doing?” she whispered.

            “I can't tell you anything Aris,” he said pushing her away, but still holding her arms, “things are not as easy as confiding in you, if it were I would do that.”

            “Alright, you leave me no choice,” she said pulling away from him and starting down the hallway.

            “No choice, what are you talking about?” he shouted at her.

            “I'm going to Snape. I think he can tell me something about what is going on and if not I'm going to someone higher,” and she started around the corner quickly.

            “Stop Aris,” Draco shouted, and she could hear his rapid feet chasing her. She was obviously onto something so she started running as fast as she could to Snapes office. She was only a couple of hallways away when a spell hit the wall above her head.