Secrets, Kisses and Mudbloods- Chapter 10

Chapter 10

            Draco left the Huflepuff party in the room of requirement and quickly followed Aris. He saw her just as she turned a corner. Where was she going? She wasn't headed to the Gryffindor common room. He followed her from a good distance away as she made her way up to the Astronomy tower.

            Aris went to the edge of the balcony, letting the cold wind that blew refresh her and her troubled mind. She didn't know why she bothered with Malfoy, all he ever did was make her angry, hurt her feelings or make her feel strange things when he touched her. She wiped away a couple of tears. For some reason she felt close to him and she didn't know why. Maybe it was because she knew what it was like to feel all alone. She'd grown up basically by herself, except for the little bit of time she got to spend with her Uncle Tiberius. Her parents were never home and when they were all they did was criticize her, and she was truly afraid of her father. She couldn't put her finger on it but there was something evil about him. They both hated she was a Gryffindor and let her know how ashamed they were of it. That was why when she was old enough she had started staying with her uncle in the summer and on holidays. Her parents could care less because they didn't like her anymore than they did Uncle Tiberius. But the last 2 summers her uncle had been too busy with his job as an auror for the Ministry of Magic so she'd had to stay home, that had been torture. Both her parents had been Slytherin, and here she was having feelings for a Slytherin herself. Maybe because she knew what loneliness was and Draco Malfoy was going through the same that she was attracted to him. But there was something else to. Despite his attempts to play the bad guy, she knew he had some good in him, he just didn't want others to see it because he might have to open up to someone. She didn't want to give up on him. It made her upset thinking about it, but it was looking hopeless.

            Aris leaned out over the balcony looking at the grounds of Hogwarts. Suddenly she felt hands on her shoulders that scared her so bad she jumped and nearly lost her balance. But the same hands quickly pulled her away and into his arms. She knew right away it was her Slytherin prince before she even saw him. She knew the feel of his arms and the wonderful smell of the cologne he always wore. She wrapped her arms around him tightly, her face in his chest and she couldn't stop the tears that were coming. He smoothed her hair with one hand, the other still holding her.

            “Shush, don't cry angel,” he whispered against her hair, trying to comfort her, “I'm sorry about what I said, and I honestly didn't mean it Aris. You look very beautiful tonight and I have never danced with a more beautiful girl.”

            Aris was in shock. He had called her angel and by her first name, instead of calling her Donavon like he usually did. Aris looked up at him, her bright green eyes looking into his silver-blue, “Draco, I know you’re a Slytherin and I'm a Gryffindor but I don't care. I don't know why but I can't get you out of my mind,” she said bringing her hands up to his face, “I want to know you, everything about you, but most of all I love feeling your arms around me, they make me feel safe, and when your lips are on mine it's like the best feeling in the world.”

            Draco was in shock with what she was saying. It was the same way he felt about her. He thought of her always and when she had her arms around him he felt protected and needed and didn't want to leave her. He felt as though he could forget about everything else, all his troubles with his father, his responsibilities to his family, and most of all the terrible things he was supposed to do. He knew he shouldn't give in to his feelings for her but he felt like she might be the only thing keeping him sane right now.