Wonderful News- Chapter 18

Wonderful News

Chapter 18

            Narcissa and Aris left the library. Guests were starting to arrive and Narcissa went to greet them. Aris waited in the hallway below the staircase for Draco and watched him come down the stairs. He was so handsome in his black tailored suit, his hair back and perfect....

            Draco looked down on the girl he'd come to love. He realized that now. She was beautiful in her black and white ball gown, her hair fixed up in curls, make-up perfect, but she was beautiful without all that, and not just on the outside but on the inside. Aris smiled up at him, it had been a while since he'd seen her smile and it made him feel better.

            Draco took her hand tightly and brought it to his lips in a totally romantic way, “You look beautiful,” he kissed her hand and then shocked her when he opened her hand palm up and kissed the inside of her palm and then gave it a quick lick with his tongue.

            “You don't look bad yourself,” she laughed at his silliness.

            “Come with me,” Draco took her hand and again she was headed to the library. He shut the door locking it behind him so no one could enter.

            “There is something I need to ask you,” he took both her hands in his, “I know that our parents  have all this arranged already but I've got to know this for myself,” and he got down on one knee on front of her, reached into his jacket pocket and took out a box opening it, “Aris, will you marry me?”

            Aris could feel the tears building in her bright green eyes as she looked into his silver-blue ones and then she looked at the ring, it was the most beautiful blue diamond set in a beautiful white gold band, the diamond was the color of his eyes.

            “I know I don't deserve you Aris, but I love you and no matter what I want to be with you,” he was looking up at her wih his heart in his eyes.

            Aris got down on her knees beside him, “Yes,” she said softly hugging him, tears of joy in her eyes, “I want to marry you Draco and I love you. I feel like I've loved you forever, even when you were so crappy to me, like coloring my hair green or dumping bat guts on me.” Draco blushed, mumbling sorry, and he took her face in his hands and gave her a soft kiss. “There is something I need to tell you.” she hesitated for a minute cause she wasn't sure how he might react, she had kept this news to herself long enough “I'm not sure yet if it's true and I hope you don't get angry,....but I've missed my period and I'm afraid I might be pregnant.”

            At first he looked at her in shock and then a huge grin lit up his face. He stood up pulling her with him, Aris still in his arms and gave a whoop of joy, picking her up and swinging her around before planting a big kiss on her.

            “Why would you think I'd be angry,” he asked with joy, “this is wonderful.”

            “Because we are so young still. But Draco, I don't want anyone to know, especially my parents. Who knows how but they would find a way to use it against me and I don't want them anywhere near my baby.”

            “I understand,” he said seriously, “it will be our secret for now,” he put his hand on her still flat stomach, “but eventually people are going to notice.”

            “I know, but right now I want it to be between us.”

            “I agree with you,” he said, and then he beamed happily, “I can't believe it, I'm going to be a father. I want a little girl with cinnamon curls and green eyes just like her mother.”