Alone in the Woods- Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Alone in the Woods

            Draco couldn't let her take off alone in the forest so he started following her. She had a good lead on him and he thought he had lost her, but then he saw her wand light every once in a while. He must have followed her a good hour from a distance and he saw her light up ahead but then suddenly it was gone and then she let out a terrible scream. Draco ran as fast as he could to where he had last seen the light. Then he saw it again only it was down in the ground. She had fallen down into a deep hole and he could hear her crying as he came to the edge. “I'm here Donavon,” he said as he used his wand to light up where she'd fallen. She looked pitiful sitting there on the dirt and leaves, her legs sprawled out in front of her, her hands covering her face as she cried. “Are you okay,” he called down gently, “Donavon look at me, are you all right?” she moved her hands and looked up at him, her face streaked with tears, “I think I've twisted my ankle, but I was mostly afraid no one would find me here,” she sniffed, she looked up at him in awe, “you saved me again.”

            “Yeah, well don't get used to it,” he joked. He got a long, vine-like tree branch lying nearby and lowered it down the hole and had Aris grab it and he pulled her up until he could grab her hand then he pulled her up out of the giant hole, and losing his balance he fell backwards, Aris still in his arms. “Thank you,” she said softly, touching his cheek with her long delicate fingers, “of course it is your fault this happened.” He had been looking at her lips which were so close to his, and when she'd put her hand on his face it was like a jolt went through him, but her little comment brought him back to earth. He sat them both up on the ground, “As I recall, it was you who went storming off into the night after you were told to stay put,” he sneered. “Yeah, well it was you who was being so ugly and made me angry enough to do it,” she huffed. “Just because your angry doesn't mean you have to be stupid,” he responded.

            “Why you,” and Aris lost her temper again, she lunged at him but he wrapped his arms around her and she couldn't move.

            “Temper, temper,” he said teasing her as she struggled to get free. She was on top of him and then her face was very close to his. He couldn't resist, she was so cute when she was angry, and he leaned up and pressed his lips to hers. The effects were immediate and she stopped struggling. It was as if lightning had struck her and it was so good she only knew she wanted more and she found herself responding to him as if he were water and she was thirsty for more. She wrapped her arms around him and the kiss deepened until she moved her foot, making her gasp in pain.

            Draco came to his senses then; he didn't want to but had to. He sat her up, “Let me look at your foot,” he said roughly and took her foot in his hands, holding it in his lap. They were both still in shock over what had just happened between them. He pressed on different areas and when he touched her ankle she cried out a bit, “well it looks like we're stuck here,” he said coldly, “I hope Hagrid or someone can find us.”

            Aris felt bad about losing her temper now that she'd calmed down, they were both now stuck out in the middle of the creepy forbidden forest hoping someone found them. It was so dark and creepy and the cold was really getting to her and she started shaking, she scooted closer to Malfoy. “Here,” he said taking off his Slytherin scarf and wrapping it around her neck, “I know it's Slytherin but I don't think you care right now,” and she shook her head. He took her gently by the shoulders and moved her in front of him, between his legs as he settled against a tree, “Don't think anything by this, it's simply for warmth, body heat you know,” and he took his coat off and brought it around her tucking it in around both of them. “TTThhaaa...nnkk yyyou,” Aris stammered. “You know I'm beginning to get use to that Donavon,” Malfoy teased. Aris didn't care, she was warm now and he felt so good. Time kept going on and it was getting late, she was yawning badly and still there was no Hagrid. She was just starting to doze off.