Dancing and Fire Whiskey- Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Dancing and Fire Whiskey

Back at Hogwarts Aris had to go to the hospital wing. It was already morning. Madame Pomfrey healed her ankle good as new. Classes had already started so Aris was allowed to skip that day. In her room she discovered she still had on Malfoy's scarf. She quickly took it off and hid it under her bed covers before someone saw it. Luckily no one had been around the Gryffindor common rooms. She took a long, hot shower and being really tired she decided to take a nap, Draco's scarf lying beside her.

Aris didn't wake up until almost dinner time, when her friend Lanie came up to check on her. "It's time to get up sleepy head," she laughed, jumping on the bed beside her. Aris woke and quickly tucked the scarf under her covers, but not before Lanie saw it.

"What you got there," she teased, and quickly reached and grabbed the scarf from under the covers, "eeewww yuck, what in the hell are you doing with that," Lanie said, scrunching up her nose and tossing it down like it smelt bad.

"It's nothing," and she told her friend all about her and Malfoy's time in detention, leaving out the kisses of course.

"Draco Malfoy being nice," Lanie shook her head in disbelief, after Aris had told her about him offering her the scarf and his coat, "I can't believe it. And it's hard to believe he didn't have anything to do with your Quidditch accident and he saved you from that fall."

"I know but it's true," Aris said wishing her friend would change the subject of Malfoy. Lanie was still looking at her suspiciously but she didn't say anything else about the detention, "Well, you'd better watch it with him," she warned, "I overheard Harry and Ron talking and Harry thinks Malfoy is a deatheater."

Aris thought about it as she dressed for dinner. Surely Malfoy wasn't a deatheater. She knew there was bad blood between him and Harry, especially after Draco's dad was involved in the deatheater attack on Harry last year. She knew Draco could be mean and snobby, but a deatheater. In the hospital wing and the forest she had known a different Malfoy so it was hard to believe he could possibly be a deatheater.

True to his word, Malfoy had completely forgotten about her and what happened between them. It was frustrating for Aris. She knew she should forget about him. The pranks had stopped over the last few weeks, but were replaced by the cold, aloof Slytherin prince who was still nasty to everyone else but ignored Aris completely. Aris was finding herself constantly watching Draco Malfoy trying to figure him out. She knew what Harry and others were saying about him and Malfoy didn't look well. He was paler than usual and had dark circles under his eyes as if he wasn't getting enough sleep. She wondered if he was still having nightmares. Even sitting with his Slytherin friends he looked lonely, as the rest of his group were laughing. Something was going on with him and she wanted to find out what.

Aris and Lanie had met in the library to work on homework when Eric showed up, flopping down in the seat beside Lanie, "Hello ladies," he beamed at them, "how's it going?"

"Great, were all caught up on our homework for the weekend so we're free to enjoy ourselves at Hogsmeade this weekend. What about you? You know you could work on yours a little more," Lanie said.