Tragedy- Chapter 22

Tragedy

Chapter 22

Aris went through the torment and depression of losing Draco's baby, but her best friend Lanie was there to support her. Events were rolling into place at Hogwarts that were going to cause a lot of heartbreak. Draco was very good with Aris but he was also very quiet. She knew the things the dark lord wanted him to do, but she couldn't imagine him doing it. He had also started disappearing and no matter how she searched for him and tried to find the R.R. It was like e was blocking her from finding it.

Aris confronted him with it at dinner; it had been a few weeks since her potions accident and the school year was coming near to a close.

"Why are you shutting me out?" Aris asked. It was just the two of them at the end of the Slytherins table. He didn't answer her but kept looking down at his plate. "You know you don't have to do this," she said speaking about what lord Voldemort wanted him to do.

"We've already talked about this Aris," he said getting angry.

Suddenly there was a commotion in the dining hall. Katie Bell had returned from St. Mungoes Hospital. Draco ran his hands back through his hair and stood up, "I've gotta go," and he quickly headed out. Aris watched him go and then saw Harry leave also. She really didn't think anything about it until a little while later she doubled over in pain at the table. She shook it off and started running out of the dining hall in the direction of the boys bathroom. As she was running Harry came flying past with a confused look of horror on his face, she burst through the door. There was water shooting out of pipes everywhere and the floor was flooded. When she turned the corner she spotted Draco, Snape standing over him, working on him with his wand. There was blood all over the floor and Draco lay there shaking, several deep gashes all over his body. Aris ran to him and sat down not caring about the water. She held his head in her lap, getting him out of the water a little bit. Snape was still murmuring his counter-spell using his wand to stop the bleeding and seal up Draco's wounds. ...........

Draco was moved into the hospital wing, a place the two of them were too familiar with. Madam Pomfrey said he would recover fine, but he was still so pale from the loss of blood and he still had not woke-up. Madam Pomfrey took pity on Aris and allowed her to stay there with him. Even Prof. Dumbledore had come to see about Draco.

Aris had fallen asleep in the chair beside his bed, her hand on his when she woke up to him squeezing her hand. It was late into the night, she got up quickly, "How do you feel?" she whispered, her hand gently caressing his cheek.

"Like shit," he said raggedly, "I think Potter was trying to kill me."

"What happened?"

"Potter came in the loo and confronted me about Katie and I lost it. We started dueling and he hit me with some curse and that's all I remember, except for the pain," he said wincing as he shifted in the bed.

"I'm just glad Snape got to you when he did, you lost a lot of blood."

"Aris there's something I need you to do," he said seriously. He looked away from her, having a hard time with it, "I need you to leave Hogwarts tomorrow, just for a little bit."

"What?!"

"You heard me, I want you gone from Hogwarts tomorrow morning. Go to your uncle or my mum, but I need you away from here. I want to know you're going to be safe."

Aris took his face gently in both hands, "Draco, you know me better than that, I'm not going to leave you and I'm not going to leave my friends in danger and not face it myself. I'm not a coward."