I Only Find Peace in Your Arms- Chapter 16

Chapter 16

            Draco gently shook Aris, “Aris, wake up.”

            Aris could hear him but she couldn't stop the images that were filtering through her mind, especially the dark hooded figure and the glowing snake-like eyes. Aris had felt fear before but now she felt terror. She opened her eyes slowly, and begin rubbing them hoping to erase them.

            “Draco,” she cried out,and then realized she was in his arms. She started crying, clinging to him, and the tears wouldn't stop. He just held her, softly stroking her hair and back.

            “Why Draco?” she sobbed, “why you? Why is the dark lord using you?”

            “Aris, I told you not to do this,” he whispered, “you don't understand do you? I have no choice. You did, but I don't. If I don't do these things I'm afraid of what might happen to my family, me and now you,” he said angrily.

            Aris realized he was right. His family was to blame for what happened with him and they'd left him no choice but to do these terrible things she'd seen when she made the Unbreakable Vow. She couldn't help the despair that was starting to creep into her heart and she knew now how he must be feeling. There was nothing she could do about it without endangering both their lives because if she broke the vow they would both be dead. All she could do was hold him tight.

            “Come on,” he said standing up with her, “we've got to get you back to your common room.”

            They both started down the hallways, Aris holding Draco's hand tightly. When they were nearing the Gryffindor doorway he stopped.

            “I'm sorry Aris,” Draco said sadly.

            “Draco please, I know you feel helpless, like you have no other choice, but surely there is something we can do,” she whispered up at him.

            The look in her eyes scared him, he could tell she was terrified and still upset, “Aris, calm down. I need you to go in there, take a long hot bath and get some sleep okay? I'll feel better if I know you’re going to be all right.” he didn't like leaving her like this. He knew she wouldn't reveal the secrets she knew about him, but it tore him up thinking of how she was going to be tormented by it.

            “I don't think I will be okay Draco,” she whispered in a sad voice.

            “You have to be,” he said sternly.

            She couldn't look up at him but just walked away in a daze and whispered, “Okay,” and entered the common room leaving him behind. There were a few people sitting by the fire but Aris walked on past, even when they called out greetings to her. She made it to her room, stripped down, putting on her gown and crawled into bed bringing the covers up over her head, burying her face in her pillow so no one could hear her sobbing.  -------

            Aris was having a terrible dream. She was walking through a damp, foggy graveyard in the dark, she could barely see the tombstones surrounding her. She was lost. She desperately searched for anything or anyone that would help her know where she was. Her feet were bare and she was wearing only her night gown. Suddenly up ahead she saw the dark hooded figure, it's wand out.

            “Come forward,  Aris Donavon,” it hissed. Aris was so terrified she couldn't move, even though she tried with all her might to move her feet and run they wouldn't budge.