Chapter 27

After having prayed Fajr, Sami tried to slow himself down as he was all but running home to his wife. It was the morning after they married and their first day as a married couple had started. So far, they'd barely seen each other as Radia kept hitting snooze while Sami got ready for the masjid. He'd made sure she had woken up before he left.

Sami entered the house to the scent of fried eggs.

"Asalamu'alaykum," Sami said, making his way to the kitchen where Radia stood in her pyjamas. It made Sami laugh again, reading what it said on her top. 'Can't get out of bed, the blankets have accepted me as one of their own, if I leave now, I might lose their trust.' It had Sami in a fit of laughter last night when he walked into the room and saw Radia wearing it. It was also too big for her as she bought it from the men's section as there wasn't a women's version of it. But Sami thought she looked adorable in it.

"Wa'alaykumusalaam. I don't know if you go to sleep after Fajr but I want to make a habit of starting my day now as I think life will be more productive this way," Radia explained.

"Er... that's a good idea. I usually sleep in if I have a day off but I don't really feel like it today anyway," Sami responded.

"Oh, that's good then. Now, I'm not even sure if you like fried eggs with toast but I quite like it. I've also put the kettle on to make tea but I can make you something else if you want," Radia said before she jumped at the toast popping out of the toaster. "That scares me every time!" Sami grinned as he responded.

"I'm really not picky and I guess I want the same but I don't want you getting scared again. You take your breakfast to the table. I'll make mine and join you."

"No! I want to make it for you. You're taking the romance out of our first breakfast together," Radia complained and Sami laughed.

"Okay, I'm sorry. Shall we make breakfast for each other then?"

"Good idea."

"Great. You take that plate out to the living room and I'll make your breakfast and follow," Sami said and Radia nodded as she picked up the plate. "Do you like your yolk to be cooked all the way through?"

"Yes. Apparently a raw yolk has germs in it or... I don't know, I heard something along those lines so I cooked your yolk through as well. Do you mind?"

"No, I prefer it like that," Sami replied.

"Good." Radia leaned in and kissed Sami's cheek before brushing past him, making Sami's heart beat wildly against his chest. How could she have such a huge impact on him? It was crazy!

Snapping out of his trance, Sami got on with making Radia's breakfast of fried eggs and two pieces of toast and then headed to where Radia was sitting on the sofa with the coffee table in front of her. Sami had learnt through their many conversations prior to their wedding that Radia was more comfortable eating while sitting on the sofa than sitting on a dining table. Sami watched her patiently waiting while scrolling through her phone. She was smiling to herself and she seemed to have sensed Sami as she commented,

"Everyone is teasing me. Every other message is including that smirk emoji. Except for Hannah's. She's proposing to Ryan today and she's freaking out about it."

"She still hasn't done that?" Sami asked, intrigued with Hannah's story. He sat next to Radia, staring at the side of her face. She really was remarkable beautiful to him.

"Well, she keeps changing her mind but she's bought him a ring and everything now!"

"She bought him a ring? What the heck?"