Chapter 6

The front door slammed open with a loud bang, sending the chandeliers hanging on the ceiling a-trembling.

You unwillingly dragged your attention away from the book you were currently reading and glanced up, wondering who was at the door.

Slender was walking towards the door to welcome the guests.

While books offered a world of adventure and mystery, they merely offered.

Real life adventures would be sooo much more exciting. Especially since you were living with the creepypastas.

I mean, real life horror stories monsters. Who knew what secrets they hold.

Peeking out from behind him, you glanced up to see who it was.

Regret was immediate. Who knew scary game monsters were real too?

Five nights at Freddy's. A game whose true story set many people scrambling to build half formed theories, to find the truth behind the startlingly gruesome secret behind an innocent pizza store.

A game where you have to sit in an office for five nights, surrounded by murderous animatronics.

To look at the cameras every few seconds, on edge, wondering when and where they would scare you.

And then the heart stopping moment from which they shrieked at you from whichever hidey-hole they popped out from.

Since the author had pretty much dedicated four paragraphs to describing the game, it seems pretty clear that she, I mean, you were scared.

Scurrying away, you made a beeline for your room, praying very hard that they had not noticed you.

.
.
.
.
.

So there you were, in your room, lying on your bed, doing your best to concentrate on reading.

Not an easy task since the atmosphere in your room was making it very hard to do so.

It seem to have taken doom and gloom to a whole new level. Not even the LED light you switched on could get rid of it.

The walls were painted in shades of black and grey. Fear hung heavily in the air, a suffocating presence that refused to be chased away by an air freshener.

A dense fog had miraculously appeared the moment you stepped into the room, springing abruptly to life.

Even now, it steeped into your very bones, giving a chill that made the little tiny hair on your arms stand on end.

This was actually a very accurate reflection of the mess bubbling inside you right now.

Or as precise a description as your 'magical' room can summon.

It seems Mr Slender was right, the room really does reflects your mood.

You frowned, patience finally worn thin.

If artificial light won't chase anything away, the the bright afternoon sunlight will.

With that, you snapped your book shut and made to slip of your bed.

Things didn't go exactly as planned. You see, a knock sounded on your door just then.

Your barely audible reply was brokened by a loud robotic screech.