Chapter 22

Floating.... Falling.... you were just drifting about in darkness. There was no ending or beginning in sight. Nothing at all.

Just then, the darkness changed. It changed to something like a Roman coliseum of old. You are sitting on the many seats placed around the coliseum.

Laughter and cheers are reverberating through the entire place. The air is filled with a sense of excitement and anticipation.

You look to the direction their cheering to. It seems a battle is about to start. A girl and a boy are facing each other, both staring at each other.

You studied the boy first.

He seems to be about your age and is wearing mouth guard and goggles. He is also holding two bloodstained hatchets.

You stared at him. Feelings of sadness and fear washed over you. Something terrible was going to happen. You don't know how you knew that but you just do.

The scene changed again. This time, the boy is against a wall, unconscious. You noticed that his head seems to be injured and the wall is splattered with blood. His blood, you realised.

A hand tipped with claws is holding him there by the neck. The hand  is connected to the girl you saw previouslu. You look at her, she seems familiar somehow....

You blinked. When you open your eyes again, the place changed once more. Something is wrong though, the atmosphere is no longer filled with excitement but shock.

You glanced to you at the people seating around you. Their faces were ashen and their mouths hanging open in shock.

You look down. The boy is now on the floor. His neck is twisted and blood is pooling beneath him. The girl in standing over him and seems to be in a state of ecstasy.

You look closely at the girl. She looks really familiar. You gave a gasp. Everything came rushing back to you the moment all the people around you rush down to aid the boy. People you now remembered to be creepypastas.

Once again, you were engulfed in sorrow and hatred for yourself.

Your surroundings changed to darkness again. Then it changed back into the battle scene.

Over and over the cycle repeated. You always know what is to come but could do nothing about it.

You do not know how long you've been there, only that you seem to be trapped trapped in an eternity of agonised torture.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Slender's pov

I saw (y/n) giving us a slow, bloodthirsty smile before separating Toby's neck from his backbone at a painfully slow pace.

This is not the (y/n) we know. This
(y/n) is the one that Zalgo must have trained and honed when he kidnapped her. Or perhaps this is who she truly is.

Either way, I hope that she remembers what I said and her feelings of being our friend. If not, no one of the other pastas would accept her any longer.

It would be terrible if Toby died. I will have to find a new proxy then.

Toby's bone snapped. My head whipped in her direction. I teleported to Toby the same moment Zalgo teleported to (y/n). He held a pleased smile on his face.

When I reached Toby, I hurriedly carried him in my arms. I looked over to (y/n) too, to see how she was coping.

Zalgo was already beside her and was reaching out to her. Her eyes caught mine for a moment before she all passed out.

That moment was all I needed to confirm her feelings and if Toby could be saved or not. In her eyes, I saw a flicker of recognition before blankness and anguish covered them.

That is all I needed to heal Toby and assure the pastas of where her true loyalty lie.

After all, there was I thing I neglected to tell her. If a non - human killed any creepypastas in pure hatred, there is no way I could bring them to life again.

I could only revive the pastas only when the murderer shows remorse and regret after he or she killed them.

We were created by negative feelings and if the feelings of whoever killed us is also negative, we would also fade away.

Ironic, isn't it? That we should be made by negative emotions and killed by negative emotions.

But I guess that's just the way the world keeps the balance between good and evil.

_______________________________

Hmmm. Who knew Slender could be so wise? I hope poor Toby would be okay. But oh no! What's gonna happen to you? Will you keep relieving this nightmares? Or will someone save you?

Find out in the next chapter!

Next update: one month later

I've exams coming up so updates will be few and far between. But I WILL update. So rest assured reader-chan.

Your author,
Faye