••• Five •••

By the time the sun has set and the street lights have turned back on, I find myself driving with Nixon back home. I was gone for basically the whole day, sitting in his office, doing nothing as he worked and would watch me as if I was something he had would suddenly be gone.

I don't know the crazy story I'll tell my parents yet, how many texts I'll have from various people on my phone, or even what Emily and Oliver are going to be like, I only know that I'm going to have to make up one hell of a story. Maxwell said he'd talk to Emily, followed by me raising an eyebrow and wondering how that was going to happen.

As we pull up to his place, I can already feel my anger levels rising. He turns off the car, stepping out and around to mine, but I've already opened the door, furiously walking towards the opening on the garage. "Where are you going?" His voice is deep, as if angered.

"I'm walking to Oliver's to get my car and drive home to tell my parents some absurd lie about where I've been," I snap, not caring to look back at him.
Just as I reach the part of the garage where the door shuts and the ramp begins, I'm grabbed from behind and spun around.

"I don't take too lightly to disrespect."
My lips form a thin line as my eyes meet his, those midnight blue eyes turning darker every second. The anger within him begins to roll off him in waves, it begins to almost threaten me, to dare me to try and go.

"And I don't take too lightly to being stuck up in some office the whole day with nothing to do as I'm missing valuable parts of my life. Not to mention I now have to lie to my parents, friends, and sister about where the hell I have been." His hands move up my arms, tingles spreading through my body as he takes in a deep breath.

He looks at me with an emotion that makes me regret every word I've just said. He looks hurt, sad, guilty, and those emotions make me want to take back those words and hug him so tight until I'm forgiven. "I'm sorry I did that today, but I've told you, a part of me wants to have you so badly-

"I'm not a fan of sex with someone I don't even kn-

"I'm not talking about sex, Lily," he states, the way he says my name right after that word gets my legs quivering as a part of me wonders what it would be like. To have sex with him. Shaking the thought from my head, I concentrate back on him. "I'm saying that a part of me wants you always around, wants you always beside me.
Sure, some part does want sexual intercourse, but overall, Lily," he pauses, pushing a strand of my hair behind my ear. "I want your companionship."

"You had me in your office for hours and we barley spoke," I mutter, looking away for a short second only to retrieve my eyes back to him. God, he is one gorgeous male for sure. "I need to go home now."

He loosens my arms, watching as I begin my walk away.

He wants companionship. He lives alone. He's isolated basically. He's private. He's a mystery to me.

I like a good mystery, but most of all, I feel back for him, how he lives all alone and secluded. I never see his lights on yet he's always here. He doesn't have a single person to laugh with is what this day and past have told me. I feel bad. I feel guilt.

Damn it.

Turning around, I see him standing by his car, hands in pocket, and his eyes widening as I approach him.

His chin is raised as I go back right to where I stood moments ago. "If you want a companionship, I'll give you one," I state, watching as a glint lights up those eyes.

He nods, stepping forward, his hands still in place as he leans forward, his lips brushing my ear. "Then I'll see you tomorrow."

Shivers course up and down through my body at those words, my body reacting to him in ways I've never really felt.