••• Thirty-Six •••

"You come here seeking some civil conversation about the events of the days before and yet here you stand, insulting my wife and pack, confessing to us of murdering you own wife's parents, and calling yourself insane," Nixon interrupts as Zion stands where I once stood what feels like hours ago, right under the chandelier that crashed and scattered glass into my flesh. Zion now stands where he once had me, in the range of fire, and he should know better than to do anything like what he has done so far. "Do you intend to try and savage whatever conversation we have left and make it civil, because everyone within this pack is done with the bullshit you disguise as words." Nixon stands tall, posture straight as he takes my hand in his, thumb rubbing against my palm.

Zion's eyes lock with my stomach, the showing of the child within me as he clasps his hands behind his back, knowing full well that we will not kill him. At least not within the walls of the house our child is to grow up within. At least now now. At least not until Zion finds his life ending within the walls of which he grew up in, in the walls where he runs a kingdom, where he lies to not just his kingdom, but the woman he loves in his own twisted ways. As his eyes drift back up to my eyes, he cocks his head to the side, parting his lips as he gets ready to make his remarks. "I come with words of warning to this pack of rogues now," Zion informs, beginning his last words to every be spoken on these pack grounds. "The kingdom I run is one of power, one not to be messed with, one holding an ancient pact with elves and takes care of any threat. If Crimson Lock dares to make any attempt upon not just the lands of the kingdom I run, but upon my throne or life, you will be met with a war so devastating that eons later werewolves will talk of this pack as one that was wiped off the face of the earth."

He threatens once more. He is warning us because he believe this pack may one day find itself attack his crown. He is not wrong, but he has no idea just how close that this will take place. Will he come after Crimson Lock when all is said and done, will those who served him turn on Crimson Lock when they hear the news of their perished King? Not when Zion and the vampires take over the marble throne and make known to every soul the truth of Zion.

"The moment that this pack tries and threaten the kingdom I have guided for years, that is the moment that you shall find yourself with a heir to take upon the name of Maxwell and lead this pack."

"You already tried to cut off my last name from continuing, Zion," Nixon growls, "you came here and tried to kill my wife and unborn child."

"Why kill the man when you can take away all he defines himself as," Zion replies, his tone soft and playful almost. "Why let the child be born into vengeance when you can just take away the world the father has built for his family that is nothing but a memory."

Nixon takes a step forward, only for me to stop his next foot from continuing as I grab his arm, telling him to leave Zion be. "And you failed at that, Zion," I comment, holding my head high. "You failed to murder a pregnant human which must really show that you are not as powerful as you would fantasize yourself to be." You can tell by the way he reacts, how his head slightly pulls back and his chin drops a little. You can tell by these small movements that he is affected by the words I have spoken that target the strength he once believed to possess. "So tell me, Zion, are you here to dig your grave deeper with very word you speak, or do you plan to talk civil as Nixon has already asked?"

"Why take away the life of your enemy when you could make them live a complete hell for the rest of their days."

He leaves, heading right back out the doors from which he came as he leaves Nixon and I beyond tempted to land a silver bullet in the brain he relies on. As we watch his figure disappear down the road from which he came, Nixon and I are left in the doorway, warriors of Crimson Lock watching, waiting for our next move. Waiting to see if we will order them to run out to the king they once served and let his blood cover the road. Waiting to see if we will back down and retreat into our homes and take Zion's warning seriously. Waiting to see if we will chose actions that change this pack even more than it has been transformed in the past hours.