••• Six •••

"I thought it was great," I add into the conversation as we take our seats. Terrance watches me as I pick up the menu, ordering myself a water as the waitress smiles and goes to get our drinks. "However, you can't get any better than the original."

"Agreed."

I sit still, thinking of what to order as my hand straightens out any creases in my dress, the maroon dress paired with a pair of brown wedges. As I think over the menu, those eyes flash through my mind, making me forget I'm on a date right now.

"So, what is Lily's favorite food?" Terrance begins, striking up another conversation as I place my menu down. He's dressed nice for our date, a pair of navy slacks and a plaid blue and green button up shirt. This is a kind of conversation I wish Nixon would-why am I thinking of Nixon? I'm here with Terrance, the guy I've found myself attracted to ever since I met.

"I would have to say clam chowder soup, you?"

We continue a short game of twenty questions as our waitress comes back with her pad to order. "I'll take the steak, rare, and, Lily?"

"Pork, grilled," I say, handing the woman my menu as Terrance looks at me. "Anyway," I trail off, striking up a conversation over the latest movies as we continue on with our date. For sure this is one to enjoy and not feel guilty of. But why would I feel guilty? I don't have any reason to. Nixon wants companionship, at least that's what I thought when he said those words.

The date goes smooth as its fills with laughter and smiles, enjoying the time I'm with Terrance as the minutes fly bye. As we finish dinner and head for his car, I find myself walking hand in hand with him. "Does it have to end here?" I ask in a whisper, standing by the passenger door as his minty breath can be felt on my face. So many parts of me scream for me to kiss him, to show him how much of an amazing time I had, yet there's a massive part deep down that tells me to end it here.

He opens the door for me and hops in, starting the engine as we sit in silence. "Lily?"

I turn to face him.

"I've had an amazing time tonight."

"Same here," I add, noticing that I've drawn closer to him.

"So, would you like to do this again?"

"Yes," I blurt out, not even thinking it over as a wide smile spreads across his face. But how can I not say yes to a man that's charming, sweet, kind, and the guy you'd want to bring home to your parents for a meal.

The drive feels short as we go back to my place, the lights dim inside as he parks at the curb. "I'll walk you up."

As he helps me out and takes my hand, I feel excited as we near the door, the porch light the only source of light as we stand before the other. "I've had one heck of a time."

"I second that."

"I'll see you around I guess," Terrance trails off, his gaze flickering to my lips. "At school I bet."

Smiling, I wrap my fingers around the material of his shirt, pulling him close as our lips are sealed in a kiss. It's one that's gentle and kind, not rough and passionate like Nixon's. Terrance's kiss is one you'd expect while star gazing or while the sun sets on the beach.

Letting go, I open my eyes to see his cheeks flushed.

"See you around."

And with that, I enter the house and wave bye before shutting the door. From the window I watch Terrance as he walks back to his truck, scratching his neck as he walks with a spring in his step. Just as he rounds to the driver side, he throws his hand up in the air in victory, making my heart warm as he drives away.