••• Fifty-Two •••

Laraxis has decided to fire at the field, a mass covered in tar and lit on fire flung towards the warriors as screams erupt in the air. I stand, watching in the distance as my Beta shouts for my men to not fear the King who now attacks us on the field. We all watch as the bodies of men and women we knew are crushed beneath the rock, bodies broken as the mass rolls across the field, taking their bodies with it. Looking away, I hold in vomit which tries to make its way up my throat, the sound of painful screams filling the air as I try and regain my strength to look back to the field. 

"They are forming in around us," Fiona comments as she stands beside me, gazing off to the field as I look up to see Alpha Penelope's troops in a dome shape, trapping in my men as they begin to slaughter more of our men. "With the palace now attacking, you need to decide if you want to stay here and watch the battle or make your way into the palace."

The witches have created a larger gap in the palace's defensive shield, beginning to fire into the palace itself as guards begin to burn. I stand in amazement as I watch one witch create a sign with her fingers, sending the sign off into the palace as it erupts around the guards under it, crackling like fireworks as the guards catch on fire. Placing my attention back on the battlefield, I notice a group of wolves begin to leave the dome and circle around, beginning their charge to us. "Fiona, can you make sure those wolves do not get close to us," I order, motioning to the cluster of warriors charging full-speed towards where our group of witches are attacking the palace. 

Nodding, Fiona takes a step forward, the wind beginning to pick up around us as she lifts her hands up and focuses on the wolves coming towards us. I notice how her eyes become pitch black, how the tips of her fingers turn a dark shade of purple, and how she sends the wolves flying off their feet and suddenly catching on fire. They roll around, trying to put out the fire as Fiona takes a step back, a smirk tugging at her lips as she watches the wolves burn to death. 

At the other side of the battlefield, I spot Zion and Alpha Penelope, watching in horror as the wolves have died without a fight. Sybil is uneasy, tugging at Zion as an argument begins to unravel between the three of them. 

Another piece of rubble lit on fire is fired from the palace, flying once again towards the battlefield as I turn over to the witches, watching as they have almost taken down half of the shield. "Is it time yet?" Fiona asks me, anxious to enter into the palace. "Our men can handle their army. We still have another wave of warriors to send out and we can take them out." 

"What do you think?" I look to my Beta, wanting his opinion as he looks to the battlefield, thinking over his options carefully. 

"They are limited on their men. We have another wave of strong and energized warriors while their army is exhausted by now. If you think it is time to enter into the palace with a few of the witches and some warriors, then it will not hurt our cause out here." 

Beginning to gather up a set of ten warriors and seven witches, I turn back to my Beta, "Remember, do not kill Zion or Sybil. Bring them to me if-

"They are leaving the field," Fiona interrupts, pointing towards the disgraced past Alpha King and his wife. A group of ten warriors are with them, all shifting into wolf as Sybil climbs on top of Zion's wolf and they run off with the warriors. "Where are they headed? Are they leaving?" 

Shaking my head, I look to the direction of which they are leaving. "Let's get moving," I order, our small group beginning our way to the front gate. I know we will be able to get into the palace, we will be able to enter through the front gate. "They are headed for the palace as well. We will met them inside." We head off, Fiona ordering her witches holding up the shield to continue attacking until they spot a sign from her when she gets inside the palace walls.