••• Nineteen •••

"Have a good day," mom shouts as I pass by the kitchen, running late as I grab the bacon from my plate.

"Thanks, love you!" I reply, opening the front door, waving goodbye to Taylor as she lays down on the couch, starting her classes today.

Hopping into the car, I'm fast to make it to school, speeding my way out of the neighborhood. As I pass by the familiar street, I spare it one glance, forgetting the stop sign ahead.

I lurch forward, cursing as I do so, instantly feeling stupid as the Porsche before me comes to a complete stop.

God, the insurance company is going to hate me.

Looking up as the driver door of the car I hit is shut, I don't whether to be relaxed or frightened as the figure approaches, their face stern, their body tense. My hand fringes the doorknob as I open my car door, walking out, looking at the person.

"Lily?"

"Mrs. Adams," I reply, looking at the small dent in her car, my mind wondering what my parents will say when I reveal the news. "I'm so sorry, I was being careless."

Mrs. Adam's face softens, pushing the sleeves of her maroon blazer up, examining the small damage. "It happens to all people, Lily, I know you to be a good driver."

"I'll go and get my insurance stuff." I take the time to examine my car, only a small scratch of the paint the result of my tiny accident.

"Lily, don't."

"I damaged your car," I explain, grabbing the papers as she crosses her arms. "Mrs. Adams, I'd be the correct thing for me to do. I was at fault, I should have shopped and yielded."

Olivia shakes her head, walking towards me, taking the a papers from my hands. As she looks at them, I can feel the warmth of the sun on my back. Suddenly, she gives me the papers pack in seconds, making me hold them close. "I'm not going-

"Does this have to do with Nixon?" Her eyes widen a bit, biting her lip as my eyes harden. I swear, if he's going to make sure that I don't take responsibility for something I did Om going to have a chat with him.

Olivia shakes her head. "No, Lily, it's not because of that at all. I know you to be a good young woman and by showing responsibility I really doing want to have you pay. My cousin has a dealership and repair shop, I can just to her for free." I nod my head, watching as Mrs. Adams walks beside me, slinging an arm over my shoulder. "Believe me, Alpha Maxwell has nothing to do with it. This is my own decision." What about me being the Luna? What so many call me and people look up to me as. Luna, a title I'm somewhat not a complete fan of. God, the age gap has many people looking at me weirdly.

"I'd better let you get going to school."

"Thank you," I add, watching as she walks back to her car, hopping in as I do the same.

Driving to school goes fast, the building soon before me as I make it to the first tardy bell, a deep breath leaving my mouth as I take a seat without an absence. With only a month or so left before I graduate, I'm really trying to not get senioritis "Lily?"

I have a long conversation with Emily over college, what we plan to do before the year starts up, what we want to do this summer together. Our senior trip will be skiing in Colorado, at some resort for five days. As our class comes to an end and Emily and I separate, a certain buzz of my phone grabs my attention.

"Hello?"

"I take it you're at school like a studious child," the voice greets, one dark and somewhat familiar. "How's the search going?"

"What is this about, Gavin?" I ask, heading to my locker, takin a detour route to find a quiet side of the school.

"School is coming to a close, Lily, I'd hate to see you jumping into something before you know the back story." My eyebrows furrow together, biting my bottom lip as I hear him chuckle. "All I wanted to say during this call is that time is ticking down, Lil, and that you'd better uncover this information before then."