••• Forty-One •••

"You and that sick husband of yours killed him!" A voice shouts, pushing past the doors of my house that I had mercy to open. As she waves her hands around, treating the domain she has entered as if she owns it, Taylor screams at me, claiming Gavin was murdered by Nixon, that I helped, and that she will get the authorities, that she will take the matter to the police and bring me to justice just as Nixon was. "Who knows, Nixon was probably going to kill you when he got tired of you." My anger rises. "His last wife died, murdered in their house, and I bet that was because he got tired of her, of her whore attitude, and wanted a new, fresh, and young girl to fuck over his desk."

My hands turn to fists as Taylor looks to the entrance of the marvelous house the man she speaks so much hate of built. "You were just another whore who he knocked up and before he could get tired of your loose pus-

"Enough!" I shout, my voice stern as I can see from the windows at the other side of the room a group of four warriors lurking, waiting for me to give them the sign to pounce and protect their Alpha. "You have stepped into my domain and you know that means you are at my mercy here."

Taylor scoffs, rolling her eyes as she leans against the railing of the stairs. "Please, your 'domain' means nothing to me but some fancy house that mom and dad are impressed with. Who even says domain, some cave man would say so, some ruler of a kingdom. The only kingdom you will have to rule is that of your little whore-to-be of a daughter and yourself."

I hold my head high, restraining myself from pouncing and attacking my sister. Months ago I would have been able to shut her up, a fight to take place, but now I am close to giving birth and laying a hand on Taylor means putting my child in harms way. I have warriors ready to attack, but if they attack, Taylor will only have problems. I could call the authorities, see if she breaks anything, tries to attack me, and with my ties to the police department due to my title I could put Taylor behind bars. But what would jail do to help her? Only fuel her anger. I could put her behind bars and watch her light dim, but that would mean her life destroyed more than she has already destroyed it.

"You have no right to say anything about my family," I snap, posture straight as I know my warriors are ready to strike. "I did not kill Gavin and you owe nothing to Gavin. Why would you care for his death, for the death of an older man that was using you for a good lay? Why do you owe him anything?" I question, crossing my arms. "Gavin was in with a bad crowd and knew no one in his line of work would last lone."

"Nixon killed that little bitch from before, a woman by the name Lillian. I did my research, I found out about the beautiful blond who won over every person she met. She was an angel and Nixon just needed a replacement when she died, when he killed her."

"You know nothing of Lillian," I hiss, glaring at Taylor as she walks over to one of the paintings hanging from the wall beside a small collage of Nixon and I, from our wedding, moments where we laughed, parties we attended, and one of us at the Christmas party we held the night before he left. "I am close to calling the authorities, Taylor, and believe me, you do not want a criminal record this young."

"You couldn't place me behind bars, Lily, you're just a little weak mother-to-be."

I shake my head, smirking as I think about all the authority I now hold. The moment I married Nixon I knew I would have much influence, but the moment I became Alpha, I received so much more. "Be careful what you say, Taylor, for you know nothing of which you speak," I warn, watching as the warriors only grow closer, ready to protect me. "You should know when a muzzle is needed."

"A muzzle?!" Taylor scoffs, rolling her eyes as she looks to my stomach. "That child will come out a whore just like its mother."

"ENOUGH!" I snap, my blood boiling as I can feel myself loosing my stability to the anger that is growing within me. "I do not intend on hurting my own flesh and blood, Taylor, but if you continue, you will not go home without your hands in cuffs and put behind bars."