••• Twenty-Three •••

A few days turned into a week, the two of us isolated from the town and problems as we found comfort in the other. As the breeze flows across my bare shoulders, I look over my shoulder to see Nixon standing in the doorway, watching me as the storm rolls in over the ocean. His eyes move to mine, locking with my soft gaze as the wind becomes rough outside. We flew to a house of his located in Spain, right on the beach as we have cut off contact with the outside world. For a week we have stayed within the small town where the smaller mansion of his is located, enjoying the silence and beautiful sights.

Nixon walks over to me, wrapping an arm around my waist as we watch the lightening strike the water. Have we fought recently? No, the closest was when I could not sleep the first night, worried for my family. Nixon told me that I picked him and there was no worry needed for them and I ignored his words.

"Do you want to head back tomorrow?" He asks, pulling me in front of him, my back to his chest as I softly close my eyes and listen to the waves crashing along the shore. "Lily?" He asks, his voice quiet as he knows I need the silence for now.

I open my eyes, turning my head to watch as he raises an eyebrow and awaits my response. "We will have to return eventually," I mumble. "I'll pack my bag tonight." He nods, wrapping his arms around my small torso, hoisting me up carefully, afraid I may shatter if he drops me. My back meets the wall, the robe I wear barely covering me as Nixon meets my heated gaze. Just as he lowers his lips to meet mine, I pull away, ducking from under his arms as I escape his hold. Taking his hand, I pull him along, knowing that soon he will have to go back to work and I will be expected to at least visit the pack. As for university, I will attend one an hour away, community an hour every day for now; however, Nixon speaks of buying a place in that city so I won't have to drive and he will be close by. He wants to move out of the town anyway, he wants to relocated the building where his office is kept for his pack. The pack land is located halfway between the town and the city where my university is located. It won't make much of a difference except for some pack members will have to drive further to speak with their Alpha. As for moving, I am for it, wanting to escape the town where my family still lives.

We head down the stairs, Nixon following quickly behind as I open the sliding door to the beach. Walking down the steps of the balcony, my feet dig into the sand and the wind blows the robe I wear all over. Nixon grabs me, holding me close as I enjoy the mist of the salt water. Taking in a deep breath, I turn around to face Nixon, a smile spreading across my face as he mirrors the expression. I enjoy the sand, the wind, the oncoming storm as I know it will be loud through the night. As the thunder sounds in the distance, I pull Nixon close for a kiss, arms wrapping around his neck as I hoist myself up, on my tiptoes as I enjoy the solitude we have given ourselves along a private beach.

As the rain begins, we find ourselves back in the house, the power having gone off as we light the fireplace. I lay down upon a Persian rug, Nixon sitting on the couch as I focus on the rise and fall of my chest, enjoying the sound of the crackling fire. My eyes begin to shut, only for movement to occur as Nixon takes ahold of my hand, housing me up and onto his lap as he sits back down on the couch. His eyes begin to drop, but I move my fingers, undoing the robe as his eyes jerk open. He watches as the robe falls to the floor and I straddle him, sitting up tall as my lips meet the crook of his neck. He has marked me yet I have no way to do so. Nixon has told me that the only mark he needs from me is the assurance that I am his as I bear his mark.

My fingers move to his shirt, unbuttoning the shirt as I push it off of his shoulders and have him sit back and relax as I focus on him tonight. I focus on him as the thunder is overhead, shaking the house as soon enough we are joined as one and I'm throwing my head back, speaking his name in a tone that only makes him want more. Soon enough we are off of the couch, finding use of almost every furniture object we can find as the night carries on, my voice turning hoarse as I only want more. More and more as my thirst only grows.