••• FOURTY-THREE •••

"She is beautiful, Alpha," the doctor informs, handing me my daughter as I feel exhausted, motherhood draining me as my child squirms in my arms, crying as I try and calm her down from getting a shot. "Feels like she was just born yesterday." Leala begins to calm down, her dark blue eyes looking up at me as she feels relaxed in her mother's arms. My midnight black locks fall into my face, her tiny hands grabbing at them as a soft smile graces my face, eyes beginning to water as I know Nixon would never stop holding her, unable to get enough of our daughter.

"It is hard to believe it has been three months already," I reply, pushing my hair back over my shoulders as I thank the doctor for the checkup. "The pack absolutely adores her, she will make a great Alpha."

Doctor Hayles smiles, offering me some tips on getting her to sleep through the night. "She has strong parents to lookup to, the way her father and you led this pack, she will always be destined for greatness." My heart feels a tug as I remember the smile of Nixon, his eyes, how they lit up the moment that I told him we were to be parents. Everyday I wish I had more time with him, to hold him, to tell him how much I love him, and to share our daughter together. "I will see you both in two weeks for our next checkup."

Thanking the doctor, he leaves the house, happy to do a home visit. A few of my warriors roam the land of my house that Nixon built for us, afraid still that Zion may send men after me. Packs have still kept their treaties with Crimson Lock, not wishing to turn a blind eye to us as they know we are still a force to be reckoned with. Led by a human and female Alpha, Crimson Lock still prospers as no one has threatened us. Elijah is still in the palace, helping out Laraxis as I know they are trying to chance the make up of the government, to alter traditions, and make new treaties with vampires and the elves who has disappeared since the death of Sybil. Holding Leala up, I brush some of her stray brunette hairs from her face, smiling as I sing to my daughter. Just as I am about to head up the stairs, the doorbell rings.

Cradling my daughter in my arms, I head to the main door, wondering what visitor it could be. The moment I see him, my skin pales and I want to shout at him for coming onto my land. "Alpha Maxwell, please open the door," Terrance begins, nervous as something tells me he is not here to warn me about my actions. Unlocking the door, I pull it open, shielding Leala from the sunlight as she begins to yawn, ready to nap. "I am here on official business, Alpha, please hear me out, I know I am the last person you wish to see from this pack."

"What is it?" I ask, wondering if he is going to warn me about making deals with Elijah.

Taking out his phone, Elijah shows to me a picture of a female, a woman with beautiful blond curls which reach her shoulder, an oval face, tan complexion, and bright green eyes. "I met my mate three weeks ago, I wanted to wait to do this, but I really cannot."

"Wait, to do what?" I ask, unable to understand what Terrance is wanting me to do.

"She is from a neighboring pack, about fifty miles east. The pack is known as Silver Crescent, a small pick which holds a treaty with Crimson Lock. Their Alpha has offered me the title of Head Warrior there and a life to be built with my mate there. I need to be made a rogue by you to accept Silver Crescent as my pack."  Terrance pulls back the picture of his mate, smiling as he takes a quick look at the picture. "Her name is Quinn. She is the Beta's daughter. She is my whole world now."

"So you are forever leaving Crimson Lock?" I confirm. I thought I would be more happy than feeling a little lost. Losing Terrance means less bickering about my life choices, but I like to think he always helped me double check all of my actions.

"I am," Terrance confirms, nodding his head as I am shocked by the news. "Quinn is waiting for me on the edge of Crimson Lock territory, I have said goodbye to everyone already, I just need to be made a rogue." I saw Nixon declare a woman a rogue once, just simple stating the words as it happened. I once was attracted to Terrance, Nixon hating the idea of him as he told me to never see him again.